PDA

View Full Version : T205 prices way down

T205 GB
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Not sure why but the lately prices on the T205's are way down. The oddities and rare backs are holding high but commons are selling for 1/2 what they were a few months back. I have noted several more collectors out there which seems to drive up prices but instead they have fallen. Is the economy the biggest factor for this??

bbcard1
04-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Simple Andrew. It's because I finished my set and am no longer buying. Things always get cheaper once I have them.

Craig M
04-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Andrew,

You are the best judge because currently you are mainly collecting solely T205's and are constantly looking at prices and tracking them.

With this said, you are noticing a downward trend line and it now is time to BUY, BUY, BUY. When that trend line begins to move upward again HOLD. If the trend line keeps working upward and approaches new peak highs SELL SELL SELL. This is when you need lots of T205's so now is the best time to buy as trend line is downward approaching lows.

Watch your graph closely so that you do not buy too high.

Craig

Seiklis
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Yea I noticed that last night, I was stunned Chase didn't go up farther than it did. The top damage aside, the card was very strong.

The Piedmont Factory 42 Oldring that ended a few days ago for 29 bucks just floors me stilll, ugh if I had only seen it

deadballfreaK
04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I was hesitant to bring up the subject because I have been buying T205s because they are cheap. Doc Scanlan is supposed to be somewhat scarce. I had one, pretty rough, that I paid maybe $50 for a couple of years ago. Last week I bought one much better for $29! Also bought three very nice cards for a total of $68. Two upgrades and one I needed. T205s are down. The BINs are still plenty high though.

T205 GB
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I agree BINs are ridiculous. If the seller is asking a lot I offer a decent price and the worse they can say is no or counter. Really it's up to the buyer on what they want to pay. Scare cards with tough backs are difficult to find and will get some good prices. It took more than 5 yrs to get my Donovan Cycle back and the Hoblitzell BL. They are just rare cards and I don't use that term often

Wite3
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Prices seem to fluctuate pretty regularly for T205s...rarer backs have seen an upward trend a bit and the single prints have remained strong especially in mid-grade. Lower grade has trended down lately but not that far. The reason is that several collections have hit the open market recently (Dan McKee, Love of the Game, and a few others). I think that more being available has caused the t205 market to become somewhat softer. Commons in p-f still average about $11-$14 (up just $1 since 2005-6) and g-vg are about $20-$35 (remained steady since 2008). These of course are raw cards. Data gathered on ebay and other auctions I have personally bid on in the last 10 years. I don't keep super detailed records on prices but just averages and I know what I will pay for certain cards in certain conditions and I am still winning them at these prices.

The rarer cards often tend to move up or down depending on if people see them, eye appeal, and where collectors are in the set or their particular quest. I know of one collector who buys nearly every T205 Wagner and Stahl he can find. Drives the price up on the Stahl a bit but way up on the Wagner (if he see it :) )...

Just some observations...Personally, I hope the prices stay nice and low for a long time!

Joshua

npa589
04-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I thought they were low too Andrew. I really am an idiot with bidding sometimes...

I refuse to get a snipe, but don't like to bid early. I want to bid late, like a snipe, but without giving my password to a third party and then paying them a %.

I had all of your HLC T205 Cubs up as tabs, and simply FORGOT to bid, within minutes of opening them. This happens frequently to me.

Then, the next day, I needed that T205 Foxen Cycle. I had 31$ entered to bid, and when I clicked "1 Click Bid", the price had changed to $8, and that's what I bid. I was rather p'ed off for that one, and am sorry on multiple fronts: I needed it for my T205 Cubs set, and had I won it, you would have garnered a more deserving value for the card.