PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Mild Cigarettes pack Factory 42 NC

RCMcKenzie
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Someone won this pack today for $85. I had signed up to bid, but missed the auction.

Is this www.liveauctioneers.com/item/16742922 the same as this www.baseballandtobacco.com/t213.htm ?

If T213 cards were packaged in these indian head packs would the packs not be labeled factory No. 3 Louisiana instead of Factory No. 42 NC?

Abravefan11
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
December 11, 1920 the W.R. Irby branch (Factory No.3) of Liggett & Myers was closed. Products manufactured there were moved to either the St. Louis or Durham branches. The Coupon brand was moved to Durham (Factory No.42).

So the pack pictured postdates the T213 cards. I hope this helps.

WillowGrove
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey guys. I ended up winning this Coupon label. Thanks for the info. I didnt think it held a card but I did like that I have never seen one. I think it's just the label but nonetheless.

Im sure you have more experience with packaging than I do, have you or anyone seen a coupon pack before? Thanks

Peter

RCMcKenzie
04-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Peter,

It is still a cool pack, especially for the price you paid. I wanted to buy it, and would have bid you up, but I just missed the auction.

I agree with Tim and Ted Z, that the T213's were not in this pack. Would be interested to hear the pack experts thoughts on this, Jon C. etc..

RCMcKenzie
04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the factory timelines, Tim.

I was thinking that the pack wrapper that was just sold with the NC factory designation could have been similar in design to the Coupon packs produced at Factory 3. It would be interesting to know if the design changed over time. i.e.- it would be interesting to find a coupon pack with a factory 3 designation.