PDA

View Full Version : Anybody collect Umpire signed baseballs?

Shoeless Moe
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I know there are a few HOF umps, that I'm sure HOF sig collectors go for, but does anyone in general collect any and all umpires through the ages signatures?

I know I'm reaching here, but if you do, let me know.

prewarsports
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes, there are many collectors who try for Umpire signatures through the ages. Not as many as the players but they can certainly be valuable if they are older and scarce. Like anything else, these collectors usually prefer them on flats (team sheets, album pages, 3X5's, legal documents, photos etc.)

Rhys

earlywynnfan
04-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I have about a dozen or so, there are several more I'd love to add. I posted the Augie Donatelli in last month's auto pickup thread, and I'm very happy to say I just won a Bill Kinnamon the other day. Plus I picked up an Augie Guglielmo 3x5 for a buck last night.

Also, I like them on balls, I will take a 3x5 only if I have to.

Ken

whitehse
04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I have about a dozen or so, there are several more I'd love to add. I posted the Augie Donatelli in last month's auto pickup thread, and I'm very happy to say I just won a Bill Kinnamon the other day. Plus I picked up an Augie Guglielmo 3x5 for a buck last night.

Also, I like them on balls, I will take a 3x5 only if I have to.

Ken

Augie Donatelli was my cousin's father in law. I have begged her for something signed by him for years but she said he just basically didn't leave anything. Oh well...someday I will pick something up of his if only because of the family connection.

jgmp123
04-06-2013, 06:07 AM
I've been looking for the following ump signatures for a while....
Bill Summers AL
Frank Dascoli NL
Red Flaherty AL
Augie Donatelli NL

They are 4 of the 6 umps that worked the 1955 World Series. I already have Lee Ballanfant and Jim Honochick

earlywynnfan
04-06-2013, 08:48 AM
A nice personalized Single Signed ball just went unsold for $60 at Clean Sweep Auctions, if either of you are interested.

Ken

jgmp123
04-07-2013, 06:24 AM
A nice personalized Single Signed ball just went unsold for $60 at Clean Sweep Auctions, if either of you are interested.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I have now picked up all, except Bill Summers...anyone have a Bill Summers available???