PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Topps Clemente

SPMIDD
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first post here on this great site and it is a question about fakes. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell if a '66 Clemente is a fake? I just recently bought this card off of EBAY and it is ungraded. I usually only buy graded cards but I got it for $65 bucks and I thought it was a steal. In my opinion, I think it would grade a 7. Unfortunately, I cannot post a pic right now. Thanks.

savedfrommyspokes
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the forum....if you have the ebay item number for this card it would be worth adding it so others can view and provide their opinions

SPMIDD
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Here are some pics taken with a camera.

KCRfan1
04-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Nice card and it looks like you got a nice deal. Personally I do not believe that a 66 Clemente is going to be faked. There just is not enough $$$ involved to make it worth while. The 55 Clemente is the card that would be faked.

the 'stache
04-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Do you have any other 1966 Topps baseball cards to compare it to? Even a common will help.

If so, compare them side by side under magnification. Look at the paper, the inking. Then compare the feel of the cards.

I don't think a 1966 Clemente would be faked, but you never know. A card like that wouldn't raise any suspicion. But I don't see anything that jumps out as being irregular with your card.

Welcome to the forum!