PDA

View Full Version : Annual Recurring Charges from Companies via PayPal

BigJJ
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Ever get annoyed with recurring 'authorized' charges from companies - via charging your PayPal account.

You can sign-in to your PayPal account and then call PayPal, and they will tell you all the companies that currently are 'authorized' to charge your account - automatically - each year, or billing cycle. and then you can simply cancel the authorization.

I was very surprised - happy I made the call. Will save money - and later headache.

:cool:

thecatspajamas
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
You can also get to it through the Paypal website: click on the My Account tab, hover over "Profile" at the top of the page, select "My Money" from the drop down menu that appears. Towards the bottom of the page you will see "My Preapproved Payments" - click the "Update" link to the right of that. That will bring up a list of all of your Active, Inactive and Cancelled authorizations, in my case going back to 2001. You can cancel any active authorizations that you don't want to risk re-upping from there as well.

Even if you're pretty sure you don't have anything "Active" it's worth checking, as I just discovered a couple of authorizations still in place (for $0.00) related to several unauthorized subscriptions for "Second Life" accounts that popped up in 2007 that I thought Paypal personnel had dealt with. Nothing has been withdrawn since, but it looks like the channel for enabling it was still in place (now cancelled, of course).

BigJJ
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks Lance, easier than calling in

thecatspajamas
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
And thanks to you for prompting me to look into it :)