PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Collector in the News

lhardem
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
FYI,

Vintage card collector Jim Blumenthal was quoted midway through Bret Baiers' Special Report this evening on Fox News. Blumenthal was quoted as a spokesman for the Dalai Lama.

Coincidentally, Jim is the author of the Cover Article featured in Old Cardboard's Spring 2013 issue (Issue #29) due in subscriber's hands early next month.

Jim was also the subject of a collector profile in the Collector's Dugout section of Old Cardboard Issue #13 (October 2007).

Lyman

Joe_G.
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Can't wait for the next issue Lyman, looking forward to a great issue.

ethicsprof
04-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Prof. Jim is quite the scholar in so many areas. Congrats, JimB.
And Lyman , i'm eager to get this one. Always well done!

all the best,
barry

E93
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks. Been busy organizing his visit to Oregon next month.
JimB

wonkaticket
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Complete N167 sets, Ty Cobb Uzits and Ty Cobb back cards, super high grade E cards amazing 19th cards…and hanging with the Dalai Lama all in a day’s work for own Jim B.

Makes me think as I sit here type emails and a eat a half decent deli sandwich all while watching a pre-recorded Hell’s Kitchen with more screaming and fake drama about burned scallops….I may have chosen the wrong path somewhere along the line. :)

Congrats Jim very cool.

frankbmd
04-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Complete N167 sets, Ty Cobb Uzits and Ty Cobb back cards, super high grade E cards amazing 19th cards…and hanging with the Dalai Lama all in a day’s work for own Jim B.

Makes me think as I sit here type emails and a eat a half decent deli sandwich all while watching a pre-recorded Hell’s Kitchen with more screaming and fake drama about burned scallops….I may have chosen the wrong path somewhere along the line. :)

Congrats Jim very cool.

Don't sell yourself short, Wonka.

baseballart
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks. Been busy organizing his visit to Oregon next month.
JimB

Jim

A friend of ours was one of the organizers for his visit to Vancouver.

wonkaticket
04-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks Frank perhaps there is hope after all. :)