PDA

View Full Version : Should I Soak t205 Clark Griffith?

Tanman7baseball
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
So this is one of the cards I picked up last week. It has brown dots all over the back. Honestly, I think the brown dots add character but my curiosity is getting the best of me. My question to all the soaking experts out there, is this card worthy of a soaking?

:confused: I have read several threads about soaking. Never heard about it until I joined here. Quite frankly I think it's awesome if you can improve the appearance of a 100 year old card. This will be my first if I do. Actually first time ever soaking a card in general... It's seems like a terrifying process but I think it would be an interesting learning experience more than anything. Please shoot out some opinions and thank you for your help.

Tanman7baseball
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
The front is brown dots free. Also forgive me for the sub-par pictures. Working on finding the right scanner to be cool like you guys :cool: lol

ullmandds
04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
I say do it...Scott would be happy to hold your hand through the process!!!:p

ullmandds
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM
actually...i take that back...DON't DO IT!!!!! That's a nice card...who cares about the spots on the back...enjoy it the way it is!!!

Tanman7baseball
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I say do it...Scott would be happy to hold your hand through the process!!!:p

I'm on the fence doing it but all I need is a little push to jump in. I just am scared to ruin the beautiful little guy. To tell you the truth I'm scared to soak any of my t205s and t206s I recently picked up, regardless of price/rarity...

dog*dirt
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Just a heads up that the staining on the back is tobacco and fairly common with both Polar Bear T205 and T206. I have only had success with dirt and paper removal but no success removing the tobacco stain. There may be some on here who have the know how to remove those spots.

Ease
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Just a heads up that the staining on the back is tobacco and fairly common with both Polar Bear T205 and T206. I have only had success with dirt and paper removal but no success removing the tobacco stain. There may be some on here who the know how to remove those spots.

He's right, those tobacco stains are tough.

conor912
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM
They are tobacco stains on a tobacco card. Those stains were on the card when it came out of the pack 102 years ago. Leave them!

Tanman7baseball
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
They are tobacco stains on a tobacco card. Those stains were on the card when it came out of the pack 102 years ago. Leave them!

I had a feeling they were but I wasn't certain. Thanks guys for the advice. It looks like I'll keep Clark in his current glory!

EvilKing00
04-03-2013, 04:30 PM
good choice and nice card man, i gust got my Griffith in the mail today :)