PDA

View Full Version : Rash of forgeries from this seller-emr team please remove

daves_resale_shop
04-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks!
Dave
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190819391804?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

thetruthisoutthere
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Thanks!
Dave
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190819391804?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Honus Wager auctions that were listed by EBay seller jcsjr1956 have been removed.

Leon
04-03-2013, 06:30 AM
The Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Honus Wager auctions that were listed by EBay seller jcsjr1956 have been removed.

And a thanks goes out to those involved, again, with getting bad stuff out of the hobby. I sure appreciate the relentless nature of some of our board members as the scammers are just as relentless. Kudo's...

JT
04-03-2013, 07:05 AM
deleted

travrosty
04-03-2013, 07:06 AM
now in addition to these, if only the bad psa and jsa stuff could get removed from ebay instead of being protected, we could have a trifecta!

Is anyone else working hard on that? Or are PSA and JSA fakes, "A fake you can live with". (tm@)

daves_resale_shop
04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Awesome,

Thanks Chris!

Forever Young
04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
now in addition to these, if only the bad psa and jsa stuff could get removed from ebay instead of being protected, we could have a trifecta!

Is anyone else working hard on that? Or are PSA and JSA fakes, "A fake you can live with". (tm@)

Personally, I can live with the few they miss if all the others are taken down. It is an opinion after all and it will not be 100 percent accurate. No expert on here can say they have been correct 100 percent of the time and be telling the truth. The percentage that JSA and PSA miss is far less than anyone else out there IMO. So yes, I will still be able to function(concentrating on more important things life has to offer).

travrosty
04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
only in orwell's book animal farm were all autographs equal, just some were 'more' equal than others. lets stop autograph style apartheid and treat all forgeries the same, whether psa, jsa or not.

i was told by an emr that ebay wasnt going to remove the psa and jsa fake boxing autographs i had forwarded to him, but if i could kindly report the non psa and jsa fakes to him, he could pass those along to ebay. yeah right. that's the way to do it!

Forever Young
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
only in orwell's book animal farm were all autographs equal, just some were 'more' equal than others. lets stop autograph style apartheid and treat all forgeries the same, whether psa, jsa or not.

i was told by an emr that ebay wasnt going to remove the psa and jsa fake boxing autographs i had forwarded to him, but if i could kindly report the non psa and jsa fakes to him, he could pass those along to ebay. yeah right. that's the way to do it!

PSA AND JSA's work is not the same as any other authenticator which includes you Travis. This was a thread about some very horrendous fakes on ebay that had nothing to do with PSA and JSA.

RichardSimon
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
The Cobb and Ruth.

Oh man those are really f----- up.
Good to see that ebay is doing something as opposed to sitting and watching people get ripped off.

Forever Young
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Oh man those are really f----- up.
Good to see that ebay is doing something as opposed to sitting and watching people get ripped off.

+1. It looks like at least Chris has some pull which is good. Did they cut down on who they would listen to? Is that one of the issues here?

RichardSimon
04-03-2013, 08:42 AM
+1. It looks like at least Chris has some pull which is good. Did they cut down on who they would listen to? Is that one of the issues here?

One of the issues is that the former head of the fraud division, John G., is no longer there. From what I know ebay, in their infinite wisdom, deemed him too enthusiastic for his job and moved him to another position. His enthusiasm for cleaning up the ebay part of the hobby was not in ebay's best $$$ interests.

Forever Young
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
One of the issues is that the former head of the fraud division, John G., is no longer there. From what I know ebay, in their infinite wisdom, deemed him too enthusiastic for his job and moved him to another position. His enthusiasm for cleaning up the ebay part of the hobby was not in ebay's best $$$ interests.

Are you sure that was the reason? Is that what he said? Hopefully, they will get another person in there that also wants to clean stuff up. It just might take a little time to catch up.

JT
04-03-2013, 10:01 AM
It looks like at least Chris has some pull which is good.

Is Chris an actual EMR associate, or did he just notice these were gone from eBay and posted that info?

sylbry
04-03-2013, 11:00 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Cobb-Nap-Lajoie-1914-10-bill-/400453963413?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5d3cea8e95

"...they did things together."

thenavarro
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
lets stop autograph style apartheid

Where's Nelson Mandela when you need him?

RichardSimon
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Are you sure that was the reason? Is that what he said? Hopefully, they will get another person in there that also wants to clean stuff up. It just might take a little time to catch up.

Ben -
I don't think someone would say publicly that they were transferred because they were doing their job too well.
But it is common knowledge among people who knew John.

shelly
04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
There are a few people that Ebay allows to work with them. Chris has been doing this for a long time. Ebay moved the best guy they ever had to a new job. That is why this has become a more difficult job to take down items.
When Chris say done it means done. .

Mr. Zipper
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Where's Nelson Mandela when you need him?

Last I heard he was working the third shift Quick Opinion desk for ABC East Coast Opinionator Company... or maybe it was XYZ West Coast.

:D

Forever Young
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Ben -
I don't think someone would say publicly that they were transferred because they were doing their job too well.
But it is common knowledge among people who knew John.

Understood. I didn't know, that's why I asked. It was not to put anyone on the spot. I was just thinking that if ebay put him in a better position(promotion) rather than it being a conspiracy theory, HE might not appreciate the common knowledge getting around. Again, I have no idea... just asked the question is all. Thank you for the response and let's all hope it gets better.

JT
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
There are a few people that Ebay allows to work with them. Chris has been doing this for a long time. Ebay moved the best guy they ever had to a new job. That is why this has become a more difficult job to take down items.
When Chris say done it means done. .

So...you don't know, is that what you are saying?

A simple yes or no will suffice if anyone actually knows, and doesn't just assume.

shelly
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
You cant take yes for answere. I said when he says it done it is done. :confused: