PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Ruth..

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-Babe-Ruth-53-Yankees-HOF-REAL-Authentic-ungraded-Vintage-Baseball-/181114521402?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a2b44473a#ht_44wt_1170

I wrote the g uy and told him he was basically a crook w this card. Pull it, call it a reprint or Id report him. This crap burns me and I don't care if he or ebay gets upset. Between this and fake autographs, too bad our hobby is full of liers, crooks, idiots and just plain dumb people

Sorry I had to vent.

tonyo
04-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm surprised his description didn't mention it is the rare upside-down-misprint version.

Shoele$$
04-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately there's a new dipshit everyday trying to pull a scam in our hobby......it will never change.

Bored5000
04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I checked out the linked auction. The "it was my grandfather's card" description just seems so tired and played out. That being said, I am still somewhat surprised the scammer found someone to buy a raw '33 Goudey Ruth in "near mint or mint" condition. Yea, nothing suspicious at all about such a card being offered for $750 by a seller with a feedback of "2". :rolleyes:

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 08:54 AM
WAIT. its been SOLD????? I just saw that.

Shoele$$
04-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I am the new PROUD owner :cool:

I actually emailed him and offered MORE than the asking price, just didnt feel comfortable "stealing" this card from him @ $750 ;)

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Are you a day late for April Fools? Im serious. ITS A REPRINT and ebay will be contacted

Chris Counts
04-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Because eBay looks the other way and makes it so easy for scammers to operate, I've been trying to quit using it for some time. It's just not right. I've never been burned, but I'm simply tired of seeing all this nonsense. Did somebody actually buy this Ruth for $750? I've been going cold turkey since late February. I wonder what eBay would do if enough buyers left? I'm using the Net54 Buy/Sell/Trade forum more often, and I'm looking forward to attending more shows ...

frankbmd
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I am the new PROUD owner :cool:

I actually emailed him and offered MORE than the asking price, just didnt feel comfortable "stealing" this card from him @ $750 ;)

Nice pickup. I'm sure Grandpa had more than one of these. I'm waiting for the sideways (head right) variation.:D

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
I contacted ebay to try and stop the sale. who knows. Back to work anyways. ha

Paul S
04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Watch your steps. He's a futureworldruler.

Shoele$$
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Watch your steps. He's a futureworldruler.

If he continues to make $750 on reprints, he will be a future world ruler, lol

EvilKing00
04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
the odd thing is, the listing says its sold, but it dosnt have the number of bids ect, unless it was a BIN, I guess. Damn someone got screwed

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Just heard back from the guy. Here is his reply. PRICELESS

am at the doctor's office with my wife right now so later tonight I will take pics of the back for you and out of the case and show you that where it is suppose to say reprint, it does not and I will report you to ebay for threatening me and trying to be bossy on ebay.

:):)

Now, my reply back: Get out the popcorn all

Well, first off, I hope you and your wife are ok medically. Never wish that on anyone.

But, there isn't a prayers that is real, w the way it looks. I already reported the card, so if u would like to report me, you can. I will look forward to the pictures. BTW, it doesn't always show "reprint" on reprinted cards.

If I am wrong, someone got a deal of a lifetime. that would be a five or maybe six figure card if it was real, when it looks like that.

S

Bored5000
04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Just heard back from the guy. Here is his reply. PRICELESS

am at the doctor's office with my wife right now so later tonight I will take pics of the back for you and out of the case and show you that where it is suppose to say reprint, it does not and I will report you to ebay for threatening me and trying to be bossy on ebay.

:):)

Now, my reply back: Get out the popcorn all

Well, first off, I hope you and your wife are ok medically. Never wish that on anyone.

But, there isn't a prayers that is real, w the way it looks. I already reported the card, so if u would like to report me, you can. I will look forward to the pictures. BTW, it doesn't always show "reprint" on reprinted cards.

If I am wrong, someone got a deal of a lifetime. that would be a five or maybe six figure card if it was real, when it looks like that.

S

In all fairness, your reply sounds like you are still trying to be "bossy on ebay." :D

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I know it. isn't it awful?;)

GrayGhost
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
If it is a reprint then I apologize... I just know I got it out of my grandfather's stuff when he died...

There is more, but no point in writing it..its personal stuff. Maybe he is honest and just made a mistake.

Leon
04-02-2013, 03:32 PM
If it is a reprint then I apologize... I just know I got it out of my grandfather's stuff when he died...

There is more, but no point in writing it..its personal stuff. Maybe he is honest and just made a mistake.

Seller has 2 feedback and 1 negative. Probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

conor912
04-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I suppose that if someone was uneducated enough to buy it thinking it was real then it's possible that someone is uneducated enough to SELL it thinking it is real. That said, I agree, Scott. That's a six figure card if real. Anyone that finds a card like that in their grandfathers stuff is going to do some research and quickly realize that.

EvilKing00
04-02-2013, 07:35 PM
expensive lesson to learn

nsaddict
04-02-2013, 07:56 PM
It appears that the winner is asking for a refund. The seller sent me this msg by error. As I did send an earlier message telling him the card was a worthless reprint.

Will you please agree to the closing of the case so I can get my final value fees back right now and so I can list some other items!!!

- futureworldruler2013

Shoele$$
04-02-2013, 08:01 PM
It appears that the winner is asking for a refund. The seller sent me this msg by error. As I did send an earlier message telling him the card was a worthless reprint.

Will you please agree to the closing of the case so I can get my final value fees back right now and so I can list some other items!!!

- futureworldruler2013

Pure comedy......

conor912
04-02-2013, 08:47 PM
"other items"? Yikes. I wonder what else his grandfather had. A T206 Gehrig? A CJ DiMaggio?

EvilKing00
04-03-2013, 04:32 AM
"other items"? Yikes. I wonder what else his grandfather had. A T206 Gehrig? A CJ DiMaggio?

lol T205 Joe Jackson Minor League, New Orleans Team, O baby, now that would of been some card!