PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day - sorry, guys, but it's over

Runscott
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
...and the results are in:

The Houston Astros are undefeated during their entire existence in the American League. They are number one - all others are number two or lower!!!

Leon - please lock this thread so no one can respond after their second game.

mattsey9
04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Anthony Rizzo went the entire Cactus League without a home run for the Cubs.

1st at bat today against the Pirates....

Cubs vs. Astros in the WS, obviously.

Runscott
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I can't wait, as that would guarantee the Astros World Series champs.

deadballfreaK
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
There should be an Astro-Cub series to determine who gets #1 pick in the draft.

EvilKing00
04-01-2013, 12:51 PM
...and the results are in:

The Houston Astros are undefeated during their entire existence in the American League. They are number one - all others are number two or lower!!!

Leon - please lock this thread so no one can respond after their second game.

lmao scott, I was watching that game on TV last night, and thinking...I hope Scott dosnt get too excited. BUT that Maxwell kid looks pretty good.

WillowGrove
04-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Um, I guess no one here realizes that it's the Mets that will be winning the 2013 World Series.

Ruben Tejada 4 hits all Spring, boom, base hit first at bat!

Sorry fans of other teams.

:D

hangman62
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Lets Go Mets !

DHogan
04-01-2013, 05:09 PM

t206blogcom
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Strasburg shutout and 2 HRs from Harper. Nats all the way baby!

birdman42
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Harper's on a 324-HR pace. Can he keep it up?

Runscott
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Harper's on a 324-HR pace. Can he keep it up?

Yep, and Maxwell of the Astros is on a 324 TRIPLE pace. I hear he's been injecting his ankles with steroids.

itjclarke
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Yep, and Maxwell of the Astros is on a 324 TRIPLE pace. I hear he's been injecting his ankles with steroids.

You will both need to recalculate your projections a little to take into account the inevitable 4-5 days of September rest your guys will get as their teams enter the home stretch at 135-0 respectively.

Runscott
04-01-2013, 08:47 PM
It also means that the Nationals can drop Strasburg off the roster a bit earlier this year!!!

BengoughingForAwhile
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Sorry guys, after today it looks like a Cubs-White Sox World Series! And Sale and Samardzija on their way to winning the Cy Young Awards!

pclpads
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Um, I guess no one here realizes that it's the Mets that will be winning the 2013 World Series.

Ruben Tejada 4 hits all Spring, boom, base hit first at bat!

Sorry fans of other teams.

:D

Big whoop! Beat the Pudres, BFD! :D

snookerhall
04-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Mariners also on a 162-0 pace...

npa589
04-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Go Cubs!

Ya know, I've never missed a first pitch (my dad claims to have had me sitting with him for every opening day, so I'm going with that...)- even when I've been at work or school. My brother and I would come home sick on those days, which was okayed by my parents, and I'll just happen to have something I "need to do" which requires me to leave work early. Yesterday, however, when I opened up MLB.tv, every single game except for the Cubs game worked. It wouldn't load at all. SO, after the garbage can flew a few times, I decided to just leave work a couple hours early. It was well worth it! :D

Runscott
04-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Yesterday, however, when I opened up MLB.tv, every single game except for the Cubs game worked. It wouldn't load at all.

I was reading through the MLB website, trying to figure out what a subscription really meant, especially 'blackout'. Does that mean that ALL home games are blacked out, or only the ones that are blacked out from television? And what circumstances cause a game to be blacked out? We've had plenty of super-low attendance home games shown on t.v., so I don't get it.

Also, it looks like you have to pay extra for all post-season games, right?

And, you get audio for ALL games, even if the t.v. part is blacked out?

Any help would be appreciated - I don't have television, so relying on watching games on my Mac, and listening to the blacked-out ones on my iPhone.

Jlighter
04-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I was reading through the MLB website, trying to figure out what a subscription really meant, especially 'blackout'. Does that mean that ALL home games are blacked out, or only the ones that are blacked out from television? And what circumstances cause a game to be blacked out? We've had plenty of super-low attendance home games shown on t.v., so I don't get it.

Also, it looks like you have to pay extra for all post-season games, right?

And, you get audio for ALL games, even if the t.v. part is blacked out?

Any help would be appreciated - I don't have television, so relying on watching games on my Mac, and listening to the blacked-out ones on my iPhone.

I'm pretty sure ALL games are blackout for your home team regardless of whether the game is Home or Away. I really don't care since I hate the Marlins. No Blackouts on Audio though.

Postseason.tv is a different product.

Some Nationally shown games are blackout as well. Heres a list.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/national_wkend.jsp

I think a more important question here is how do you NOT have a TV!!!!:eek:

Runscott
04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks. So basically, it's worthless for following your home team.

Jcfowler6
04-02-2013, 11:32 AM
My Pirates lost but I guess I expected that. I still love 'em. Rebuilding since '93.

Here's the first pitch.

Ladder7
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
If on duty, opening day at Fenway (next monday) is a customary, non-official holiday.

Sean
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Jon, thanks for the pictures. PNC is really a beautiful ballpark. It is just too bad that it is so empty much of the season. But the Pirates played well for 5 month last year, so maybe they are turning things around. :)