PDA

View Full Version : the national

thehoodedcoder
03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
never been to the national before but im locked into going this year. from what i understand there will be on site grading and slabbing of cards?

can someone please confirm if this will be the case. i have a number of cards i want to get slabbed and crossed over.

thanks,
kevin

ullmandds
03-31-2013, 12:49 PM
this will absolutely be the case...psa and sgc for sure.

Rob D.
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.nsccshow.com/

Rich Klein
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
At the National for more than a decade as well

T205 GB
03-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Take a hand full of patience with you also. Turn around times are a bit longer due to overwhelming amounts of submissions but nice because it can be done in person and no shipping

thehoodedcoder
03-31-2013, 03:34 PM
just curious to know how do they bring the slabbing systems to the card show. are they that portable?

are there any promotional pricing for these sort of events?

will check out the link later. thanks for it though.

kevin

Bosox Blair
03-31-2013, 05:45 PM
...are there any promotional pricing for these sort of events?

kevin

The standard prices for on-site grading are high...(after all, it is very short turnaround). So $20-30 per card is not unusual.

However, in the past the graders have offered some discounts - usually bulk (like 50+ cards). And they will sometimes price this well only if you drop the cards early - say before noon Thursday - and agree to pick up at the end of the show - say after noon on Sunday.

Your best bet is to contact customer service directly at the grader you want at least a month in advance to see what they can do for you.

Cheers,
Blair

bcbgcbrcb
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
The TPG's also often times offer Net 54 members special discounts as well.

Leon
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
The TPG's also often times offer Net 54 members special discounts as well.

And I would say there is a good chance SGC and Beckett will offer a Net54baseball discount again, but it's not a done deal yet. Someone remind me as we get closer and I bet we can get something for our faithful :). And I might be first in line!!