PDA

View Full Version : ?Mega-T-206 set?

Theo_450
03-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Of all the different players, poses and back variations, how many cards would make up the Mega-T-206 set? A checklist of this would be amazing to see.

Also, I think it would be intersting to see a graph of number of cards graded by PSA and SGC by year. At some point, they all have to have been found, or long forgotten in the rubble of a demolished house. Sad to think of, but is that day coming, when the entire population is fully known?

Paul S
03-28-2013, 08:51 PM
The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, Everything, and T206:

Cardboard Junkie
03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
So Long.....and thanks for all the fish!:D

Abravefan11
03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
The current number of confirmed T206 front/back combo's on our site as of yesterday is 5163. The last estimate I did for what is realistically possible is between 5400-5500.

Keep in mind that the internet age of collecting is still very young, less than a couple of decades old. Many cards still reside in collections that were gathered prior to the 90's and have yet to hit the market, let alone been put on a scanner bed or graded by a TPG. New confirmations of previously unknown cards continue, and will for some time to come.

Theo_450
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
The current number of confirmed T206 front/back combo's on our site as of yesterday is 5163. The last estimate I did for what is realistically possible is between 5400-5500.

Keep in mind that the internet age of collecting is still very young, less than a couple of decades old. Many cards still reside in collections that were gathered prior to the 90's and have yet to hit the market, let alone been put on a scanner bed or graded by a TPG. New confirmations of previously unknown cards continue, and will for some time to come.

Awesome info. Keep in mind that the whole internet thing is happening exponentially. My three year old can work an Itouch. I got my first computer when I was 25 years old (20 years ago) (ouch). My niece had to do a powerpoint presentation in the third grade 10 years ago. Indeed, 42 may be the answer. In the year 2042, every T-206 that still exists may be discovered. Will that increase the demand?

Don't forget your towel!

kilo
03-28-2013, 11:36 PM
i'm loving the d. adams references!

bbcard1
03-29-2013, 05:53 AM
The good news is that a T206 addiction is mostly harmless.

steve B
03-29-2013, 07:44 AM

Exactly right. There are still finds of original collections, plus old collections from before grading was common. My own is 184+ with only 34 graded, And probably half or more of the currently ungraded 150 won't be graded any time soon. There's just no reason to grade terribly creased and worn commons with common backs.

Steve B