PDA

View Full Version : 1984 - 1985 OPC hockey wax box

Babe3Ruth3
03-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I bought a 1984/85 OPC hockey wax box awhile ago and was thinking of selling them. I opened 4 packs of the 48, so 44 are still unopened and i flattened the wax box.

What would be the best way to sell these 44 unopened wax packs and the flatten box? Would it be proper to try to reassemble the box (gluing to together) or just sell it as it is (flattened) and sell everything as it is now? I still have the 4 opened wax wrappers and cards with them. Would it ever make sense to get them graded?

I appreciate any help you can offer,
Mark

sycks22
03-29-2013, 06:38 PM
How much would you need for the box? I've always wanted an Yzerman OPC rook.

Babe3Ruth3
03-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Pete,

I just read your message, sorry it took so long to reply to you. Your question is the reason i asked my question. I'm not sure how it would be best to sell these cards, hence my question.

I know on Ebay a full wax box, sold for $900, so i was just looking for advice from members here. A graded unopened pack PSA 9, sold for $68 just today, so I'm looking at all my options. Would you have any advice on the best way to sell these unopened pack with flatten wax box?

Thanks,
Mark

sycks22
03-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Baseball card exchange is a great place to start. They authenticate all types of boxes for a small fee. I bet they could authenticate the packs and seal it back up for you. I hope that helps. If you're looking to sell a couple packs I might be interested.