PDA

View Full Version : recently completed pin & mirror ebay auctions

Bumpus Jones
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Did anyone here pick up either of these? If so, I might be interested in purchasing one or both...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281076587951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261175608961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks

ksfarmboy
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't know who got them but it appears someone got a nice deal on both in my opinion.

Shoeless Moe
03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey Chris - I was "watching" the mirror, but got turned off by the water damage. Never ended up bidding, just watched.

whiteymet
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Chris: You can contact the winner of the Cincinnati Reds Baseball Pinback button STENZEL'S ROOTERS through his ebay page:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=springdale59&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc

You can click on contact member and ask him yourself.

Good Luck!

Fred

Bumpus Jones
03-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks, Fred

Why didn't I think of that? :o

Shoeless Moe
05-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Did anyone here pick up either of these? If so, I might be interested in purchasing one or both...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281076587951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261175608961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks

looks like jkmac bought this and is now relisting with a slight markup

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1912-CINCINNATI-REDS-REDLAND-FIELD-celluloid-BASEBALL-STADIUM-POCKET-MIRROR-/380633913366?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item589f8c9816

jcmtiger
05-03-2013, 09:41 PM
If anyone knows what the value is for this item, Bryan would know. Just my opinion.

He does list items at high prices though and he always has some rare items.

Joe

perezfan
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Very desirable piece, but the mark-up is way too high, IMO. I think he will sit on this one indefinitely, unless he gets the price under $500 for this one. It's a rusty/dirty/bottom-tier example, which would grade "Fair" at best. Just my opinion.

Here is how it should look...

Dave4Reds
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Thanks

I just came across your post. I won the "pin". I use quotes because it's really not a pin. The back is more like a cuff link or button you put on through a button hole. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. I'm not interested in selling but I would welcome any background anyone has to offer. There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with Stenzel's Rooters that I can see. The seller told me she just assumed it was because it was with a Stenzel's pin.

Dave4Reds
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the blurred pictures. Appreciate thoughts on what this was actually used for. Thanks.

perezfan
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Weren't these made to insert into button-holes, for decorative purposes? That's how I believe they were worn/displayed.

Dave4Reds
05-07-2013, 01:20 PM
That's what it looks like, but I haven't seen another.

Leon
05-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I will speak up for my hobby friend Bryan Dec, who has the item up for sale now. He is a great guy to deal with and will negotiate on most items. I have done a ton of deals with him and have always been happy. And I am forever indebted to him as he gave me about a 50 mile ride to the airport from one of the Oaks shows. He is who I bought my T205 Cobb from too.

Bumpus Jones
05-07-2013, 01:44 PM
+1

Duluth Eskimo
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
If anyone knows what the value is for this item, Bryan would know. Just my opinion.

He does list items at high prices though and he always has some rare items.

Joe

To piggyback on what Joe and Leon said, Bryan is a great guy and one of the very few in those hobby that I trust. I have done a fair amount of business with him and I am always of the belief that the owner of an item can charge whatever they wan for an item. FWIW, Bryan doesn't generally keep anything too long, that's usually my MO. Jason

perezfan
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm... So $750 is a good price for that item, in that condition... Got it.

I guess someone should snap it up fast, as (according to the consensus) it won't last long at that price.

Obviously I stand corrected, and will be looking for it in Ebay's "Completed Auctions" section :rolleyes: :p

batsballsbases
05-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Hmmmm... So $750 is a good price for that item, in that condition... Got it.

I guess someone should snap it up fast, as (according to the consensus) it won't last long at that price.

Obviously I stand corrected, and will be looking for it in Ebay's "Completed Auctions" section :rolleyes: :p

Mark +1

mjkm90
05-09-2013, 07:18 PM
I agree with Mark completely. The condition of this piece is awful and the price ridiculous...typical pricing for the seller...IMO

batsballsbases
05-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I agree with Mark completely. The condition of this piece is awful and the price ridiculous...typical pricing for the seller...IMO

Mike I agree about the seller. He may be a "nice guy" but I have also found his pricing to be very strange. Take for example his 1910 scorer and 1949 basketball program both opening bids at 24.99 gets no bids on either one, so what do we do put a buy it now on one at $75 and the other for $99. I fail to see the logic on that. (I call that the P.T. Barnum syndrome) Maybe Bryan can come on and explain that great business model to me.

Kzoo
05-10-2013, 11:08 AM

+1

perezfan
05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Al:

I love that monicker for raising the price when there was no demand in the first place - P.T. Barnum Syndrome.... Brilliant :D

Unfortunately it is rather prevalent on ebay these days... despite the fact that I have rarely (if ever) seen anything sell for 8 times the original price, which was a "no sale" to begin with! The length of time that most of these inflated "Buy It Now" items just sit and collect dust makes me wonder why the sellers even bother.

Can you imagine anyone on the B/S/T getting away with that? Instead of "Bump for price reduction" we would have "Bump to inflate price 8 times higher, due to lack of interest".

I hope I won't be that myopic when it comes time to sell off my collection. My thinking would be to actually lower the price, in order to sell the damned thing. What a novel idea.... especially if I bought something for $98, and my asking price was $750 :confused:

Duluth Eskimo
05-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Why would you even care what someone sells a piece for????

I don't remember you writing the pricing guide for pin and mirror pieces. On top of that, maybe he thinks it worth more than you. Or is it too far out to think that someone might actually disagree with your valuation of an item? Bottom line is WHO THE HELL CARES what someone else sells their items for. I have sold items to Bryan and if he can't sell it, he will often sell it back on Ebay. Sometimes even / often for a loss. I have bought items back from him for considerably less than he paid me for, but do I ever here him complain to me. NO, because you win some and you lose some. Doesn't matter either way though.

One of the BIGGEST problems with this board is that WAY too many people think they are a "know it all" and anyone who "dares" disagree with them gets bashed for having a different opinion. It's all over the place on the autograph side, but apparently it's rampant everywhere.

Dave4Reds
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Can we get back to talking about the pin? I am very interested in what people think about it as well as people's opinions on its worth. Tank you.

perezfan
05-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Why would you even care what someone sells a piece for????

I don't remember you writing the pricing guide for pin and mirror pieces. On top of that, maybe he thinks it worth more than you. Or is it too far out to think that someone might actually disagree with your valuation of an item? Bottom line is WHO THE HELL CARES what someone else sells their items for. I have sold items to Bryan and if he can't sell it, he will often sell it back on Ebay. Sometimes even / often for a loss. I have bought items back from him for considerably less than he paid me for, but do I ever here him complain to me. NO, because you win some and you lose some. Doesn't matter either way though.

One of the BIGGEST problems with this board is that WAY too many people think they are a "know it all" and anyone who "dares" disagree with them gets bashed for having a different opinion. It's all over the place on the autograph side, but apparently it's rampant everywhere.

Because ebay used to be a fun place to shop. Now that it's 90% "Buy it Now" items with prices inflated well beyond what any rational person would pay, it's ruined.

Because many of us are sick of seeing the same items month after month, year after year, and having to scroll through 95% "dead inventory" before finding something actually worth bidding on.

Ebay has gone from being something fun and exciting, to something more resembling a chore, an exercise in futility, or a needle in a haystack search... take your pick. It's almost no longer worth the time investment. Sellers' greed has ruined an otherwise great experence (and I'm speaking for many collectors beside myself).

If you view it differently, that's fine. The beauty of this board is that we can express an opinion. No one said you have to agree. It's a discussion board in which opinions will inevitably vary... and that's what makes it interesting.

perezfan
05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Can we get back to talking about the pin? I am very interested in what people think about it as well as people's opinions on its worth. Tank you.

Dave: Your "Pin" is worth exactly what you paid, as the market dictated the value when you won it. A very nice pick-up of a rarely-seen piece.

As for the Redland Field Mirror... it also went for market value in the original auction (given the condition). In nice condition, it's an $1,100 - $1,300 piece.

slidekellyslide
05-12-2013, 02:16 PM
I never raise the price of an item when it doesn't sell at auction and I put it in my store, but I did once just because I was mad. It was a circa 1970 Key to the City of Miami with a notecard signed by the mayor of the city...I looked up and saw that similar keys would bring $50 to $100 so I started my auction at $9.99 and it went the whole 7 days without a bid...it had 14 <----That's FOURTEEN!!! watchers on it and not one of them bid so I threw it in my store at $39.99 and someone bought it in less than 24 hours.

edited to add: I did it purely because I knew all 14 of those watchers would get an email stating that the item had been relisted.