PDA

View Full Version : get a ticket?

EvilKing00
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
So a few months back i got a speeding ticket on long island, doing 74 in a 55. I was really doin 80 but the cop put 74 and said to plead innocent and go to court(never went to court before). I didnt want points on my lisence so I went in hopes of getting less pts or whatever.

Walking in I met some shady lawyer in the parking lot, he says for $50.00 he will get me to the front of the line ahead of the 300 + people there, get me no points but i would have to pay a fine.

So i figure for $50.00 its worth it. And just like he said, he took me off this crazy line, into the room, said wait in the back. He gets up goes into some side room, about 2 min later pops his head out and points to me , to go into the hall way. So I go and he takes me to where you pay. He says your all set, no points, $180 fine.

I was in and out in 15 minuts with 300 people in front of me and no points , best $50.00 i ever spent, lolol

daywalker2029
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
where was this guy when i tried to get out of my 90-in-a-30 ticket i got a few years ago coming out of stony brook LOL

EvilKing00
03-27-2013, 03:14 PM
lol, well i dont know this guy except for the 15 minuts today, but he was awesome, if anyone needs his number, i have it in my car now, you can PM me and id be happy to pass it along. He said he only does long island and queens (new york)

Jlighter
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't know what's it like in New York.

But in Florida there are a myriad of these traffic lawyers. Just drop off your tickets at the office, $50 each and poof. No court, no points.

timzcardz
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
So i figure for $50.00 its worth it. And just like he said, he took me off this crazy line, into the room, said wait in the back. He gets up goes into some side room, . . .

While reading this, at this point I thought the story was going to finish up "and that was the last I saw of him and my $50!"

I'm happy for you.

Leon
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
In Texas it's no different. Traffic tickets are almost a scam. I used to get about 1-2 every week 30 yrs ago. Pay a lawyer, never go to court and never had any issues (except less money in my pocket).

Il Padrino
04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
In VA, I was 83 in a 55, had a real lawyer (wish I had yours), huge fine, cost of lawyers, points, and... lost my license for 6 months.

I had my GF drive me to work which was one hour each direction and I had to listen to her in my ear the entire way, I consider that "time served". Poor girl had to drive an hour down to pick me up and an hour back (barring no traffic at the tunnels) and then turnaround and do it again.

brookdodger55
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I would contact your insurance company points or no points, it gets reported
To your insurance company. I had this happen to me when I was 18 and assumed I was in the clear, until my Gieco policy renewal came with an increase. A defensive driving course only removes the points, not the ticket.
The ticket remained on my license for three years. The ticket back then 20 years ago was $60 with a $100 increase in my insurance for three years. That resulted in a $360 ticket. Have not had a moving violation since. This was my experience pretty sure same thing applies today.
Mike

EvilKing00
04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
basicly what happened was they knocked down the speeding ticked to a J walking ticket, with just the fine. But i will deff keep an eye on my insurence just in case.