PDA

View Full Version : Can this stain be removed?

HOF Auto Rookies
03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
I just recently bought this card. Card is gorgeous except for what I believe are some stains. Are these indeed stains? And would they be removed through soaking?

Runscott
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Crack and Soak

t206blogcom
03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Only one way to find out! :D

ullmandds
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
I would think a soaking would improve the appearance...whether the whole stain will disappear...who knows?

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Silly question but, has anybody ever added a chemical (say like OxyClean) when soaking a card?

Craig M
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi No Name,

Please tell us why you would do this?

It's a PSA2.

Most soak to gain something and its usually a grade jump that guys are looking for.

Personally I would leave it just as you found it and if you want to experiment with soaking cards, do it on a raw card with stains.

Craig

Ease
03-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Nice card. This fellow (http://www.gonewiththestain.com/) could be of some help.

bcookie
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi No Name,

Please tell us why you would do this?

It's a PSA2.

Most soak to gain something and its usually a grade jump that guys are looking for.

Personally I would leave it just as you found it and if you want to experiment with soaking cards, do it on a raw card with stains.

Craig

Craig,

That is a PSA 2 with no ST qualifier on it.. so if the stain is removed it could be bumped to a PSA 4.

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Craig,

That is a PSA 2 with no ST qualifier on it.. so if the stain is removed it could be bumped to a PSA 4.

I disagree. There is paper loss on the back. If it were mine, I might also try soaking it to remove the stan and enhance the appearance, but the paper loss should still keep it from grading any higher than a 2.

bcookie
03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I disagree. There is paper loss on the back. If it were mine, I might also try soaking it to remove the stan and enhance the appearance, but the paper loss should still keep it from grading any higher than a 2.

i did not look close enough for any paper loss..

vintagetoppsguy
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
You have to really zoom in on it, but it's there. Just to the right of the "E" in CIGARETTE. Notice how the outside line of the frame breaks.

Again, still a very nice card and I would try to soak it as well.

Leon
03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I would leave it alone....it's on the back in a small area not affecting anything, for the most part....and the front stain might get lighter but I don't think it would come all the way off. Just my opinion and good luck if you go for it..

tiger8mush
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Nice card!

To answer your questions, I do believe they are stains and soaking would help lighten them up. Like others have said, the stain won't disappear but the card will be more visually appealing.

If you keep your collection encapsulated, I'd recommend leaving it alone. If you like to keep raw (in top loaders or binders etc), I'd recommend cracking & soaking it.

Rob
:)

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
The stain would NOT disappear. I would leave it encapsulated.

chaddurbin
03-27-2013, 02:43 PM
could be good practice for a t206 cobb with stain.

DICKTOWLE
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I just recently bought this card. Card is gorgeous except for what I believe are some stains. Are these indeed stains? And would they be removed through soaking?

This is a water stain. Soaking will not remove a water stain. The outside of the stain is called a tide line. In most cases we are able to remove the tide line, then the inside stain will follow ( in most cases). We have done many like these in the past- also is there ink on the back or pencil ??.

We can remove pencil and fountian Pen. Please see our website gonewiththestain.com-- thank you again.:):)