PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

ullmandds
03-26-2013, 02:45 PM
What ever happened to Tobeecat? Is he still around...besides his awesome youtube videos??

Who else has disappeared from the hobby...and does anyone know why?

Cardboard Junkie
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward?

glchen
03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I see Frank posting on the PSA boards every now and then these days.

buymycards
03-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I had tobeecat saved in my favorite sellers list on ebay. He hasn't had anything for sale for quite a while and his last feedback was from 2008.

The link to Frank Wards website no longer works so I don't know what is going on with Frank.

Rick

Rob D.
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Google "fountain of baseball card knowledge" and you'll likely get Frank Ward as a result. At least you should.

DaveW
03-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Frank's website still works for me - centuryoldcards.com

Jacklitsch
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
I thought I had seen a recent FKW post. Appears I was wrong as he last appeared in September of last year.

Hope all is well.

familytoad
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Wasn't Tobeeecat named Brian Cataquet?
If so , he has a different user name now but I think he's still active.
I had a few transactions years ago with him, I got some good cards...well, just some ok ones.:cool:

ullmandds
03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
yup...brian cataquet.

chaddurbin
03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
rooky13 :D

ethicsprof
03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
has anyone heard how Doc Duet is doing?
It's been ages since he's been around.
I remember ed m. thinking he was out of the hobby now.
He's one i miss quite a bit.
all the best,
barry

Epps
03-26-2013, 08:47 PM
What about Ted Golden? I used to talk to him about once a month but haven't heard anything from him in a long time.

HRBAKER
03-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Greg Ecklund

Wite3
03-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Going way back...some traders and dealers I miss...

Solomon Cramer
Jim Montgomery
Terry Woods
Len Mederios
Brian Cataquet
Brian Murray

Griffins
03-26-2013, 11:17 PM
How about Dr. Koos?

Frank Ward posts pretty often on the CU board.

RCMcKenzie
03-27-2013, 01:13 AM
There was this guy on here, who used to post, called Runscott. I have not seen him post in the last 20 -30 minutes. I hope all is well.

Seriously, when I lose an auction, it is to a contributor of this board. When I list anything decent on ebay a board contributor wins the auction. I can't buy the theory that there are lots of unknown cards and collectors out there.

T205 GB
03-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Anyone heard from Mr Adkins. Last I heard from his was at nationals last yr.

Rich Klein
03-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I talk to him about every six months or so on AOL IM.

He is spending most of his time running his car rental business

Rich

Leon
03-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Seriously, when I lose an auction, it is to a contributor of this board. When I list anything decent on ebay a board contributor wins the auction. I can't buy the theory that there are lots of unknown cards and collectors out there.

I think it's because our member base on Net54baseball is some of the most rabid/prolific collectors in the hobby. I am probably one of them.....I have literally a hundred or more new pick ups to show....all in due time.

quinnsryche
03-28-2013, 12:16 PM
What about the Bruces? How are they/he/them all doing? Still gobbling up all the high priced collections these days? :D
PS - I really DO miss his posts. They were the BEST!

barrysloate
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
I wonder how Bill Hedin is doing.

Runscott
03-28-2013, 12:43 PM
There was this guy on here, who used to post, called Runscott. I have not seen him post in the last 20 -30 minutes. I hope all is well.

I took off about seven years - were you happier and more informed then? :)

Regarding your 2nd paragraph, it really depends on what you collect. I buy/sell a lot of esoteric stuff, and have found that there are plenty of collectors out there who have almost nothing to do with this board. They don't want to get blasted when they post, or because they post :)

Me, I don't care - keep it coming. I'm unemployed and will probably be back posting in 18.5 minutes.

Cardboard Junkie
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
I wonder where "large A$$ Herzog" is?

Leon
03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
I wonder where "large A$$ Herzog" is?

I emailed the member who has him, Brad, again yesterday. He hasn't responded back yet. Last time he said he was out of the country. I know he works for MLB ......but we need Large Ass back!!

RCMcKenzie
03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
I took off about seven years - were you happier and more informed then? :)

Regarding your 2nd paragraph, it really depends on what you collect. I buy/sell a lot of esoteric stuff, and have found that there are plenty of collectors out there who have almost nothing to do with this board. They don't want to get blasted when they post, or because they post :)

Me, I don't care - keep it coming. I'm unemployed and will probably be back posting in 18.5 minutes.

Scott,

Wasn't meant as a "blast". Just making a joke, unfortunately this time, at your expense. I know that many of my posts are just for laughs, but I do try to help when I think I know something or ask when I don't know.

By the way, I quit collecting for 6 of those 7 years, so I never knew you left. I'm sure many of the MIA collectors are just taking a break.

Rob

Rich Klein
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I wonder how Bill Hedin is doing.

Barry:

I sent him 1-2 3,200 ct box of Red Sox cards, etc with my name to trade back. He used to send me an email to say; got em -- will send you stuff soon.

This year, heard norhing. We did email 1-2 before that after his wife's passing and I'm happy to keep trading with him and hope he is all right (the cancer is real)

Rich

Runscott
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Scott,

Wasn't meant as a "blast". Just making a joke, unfortunately this time, at your expense. I know that many of my posts are just for laughs, but I do try to help when I think I know something or ask when I don't know.

By the way, I quit collecting for 6 of those 7 years, so I never knew you left. I'm sure many of the MIA collectors are just taking a break.

Rob

I know, and I don't mind a few being made at my expense. I also know that I post an awful lot (and a lot awful). I've been unemployed virtually the entire time since I returned to the board, so most of my time has been spent getting back in touch with the market, and doing research for baseball history projects - all stuff that this board helps immensely with.

If you think I post a lot, you should see all the email I send and receive, regarding the same subjects discussed here!

barrysloate
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks Rich. I do think about his health.