PDA

View Full Version : Ebay does not give a crap-bogus item reports being ignored

RichardSimon
03-18-2013, 03:25 PM
I am an autograph guy but maybe some people on this side know me.
I have started what is now a long running thread on the autograph board outlining the fact that ebay is no longer removing bogus autographs which are being reported to them by their own EMR (enhanced member reporting) team.
EMR is a group of VOLUNTEERS who police the site and report bogus cards and autographs.
Well, I have recently become aware that the same thing is happening on the card side.
Apparently a re-organization has occurred among the oversight division and
EBAY DOES NOT CARE ANY LONGER ABOUT BOGUS ITEMS, if they ever did care.
The crooks now have free rein to run amuck and rip off collectors with reckless abandon.

Leon
03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi Richard
My guess is that the issue will be addressed when enough people tell them about it. I know many already have but I can't think it will be long before they come to their senses and at least "care" somewhat again. Thanks for all you, Chris and all of the others have tried to do. Yes, the card side is definitely being affected adversely. best regards

RichardSimon
03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Leon I certainly hope you are right, I assume all the negative publicity they are receiving about this would possibly change their minds.

Bored5000
03-18-2013, 10:53 PM
All this does is push more and more business to the many auction houses out there. I am still a pretty new poster here, so I am definitely not trying to ruffle any feathers. But it would be interesting to read the thoughts of some of the posters on here that went on and on about how eBay is vastly superior and ethical compared to auction houses.

drc
03-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Only the resident village idiots said that, Eddie.

Ladder7
03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Reality is, Everyone's on the take these days.

Ebay isnt going to shut down their cash flow, they love their Ferrari's and Monets'. You must be knowledgeable and streetwise. eBay is a brothel. If you can find the green seller, you can clean up -without the burning sensation afterwards.

Auction houses are less risky, though you'll rarely find a big bargain.

Ease
03-19-2013, 10:16 AM
eBay is a brothel. If you can find the green seller, you can clean up -without the burning sensation afterwards.

Auction houses are less risky, though you'll rarely find a big bargain.

Profound. If you don't know, now you know.

kmac32
03-19-2013, 11:58 AM
eBay does little to protect sellers or buyers. They talk out of both sides of their mouth spewing crap all the time. They would make a good candidate for political office. Haven't figured out what party the will represent but I wouldn't vote for them.

conor912
03-19-2013, 09:44 PM
They would make a good candidate for political office.

eBay for President!!!! I can just picture China sniping those 30 year bonds at the last second!!