PDA

View Full Version : Fro Joy Fun

deadballpaul
03-18-2013, 12:22 PM
http://tinyurl.com/d3jardz

I emailed this guy to let him know its a reprint. Below is his response. Anyone want to vote on this? Its not even a good fake. What do you fine folks here think? Please feel free to email this guy. I hate to see people get ripped off.

"Actually, Paul, I talked to PSA for days. They researched it and had to call me back. There were reprints of this item in the 1970's. This item has been in my family since at least the 1940's when my Dad got it. PSA told me they couldn't grade it because the reprints were exactly like the originals...same stock and everything. THIS is the real McCoy....no doubt about it. Hope all is well your way, sincerely - michael"

- tentigers99

whitehse
03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
I still cannot understand why it is that this large TPG who is the leader in the industry cannot grade something such as these. You would think they would have figured these Fro-Joys out by now and eliminate a good deal of the BS that goes on with these reprints.

And no...this is not a bash on PSA.....just a simple feeling of wonderment!

And to stay on topic.....totally fake to my fairly untrained eye. I have a full sheet of Fro-Joys that I have had since the 70's and I knew they were fake when I bought them (very very cheap). They just display nice!! :)

drc
03-18-2013, 01:02 PM
All I'll say is the seller's card isn't "exactly like the originals."

Leon
03-18-2013, 01:34 PM
That is a poor fake regardless of what the guy says. And actually PSA is correct from what I have heard before. There supposedly was(is) a printing machine (whatever it was) that was found and found to be printing old Fro Joy cards, on the same cardboard and ink, in more recent times. I have heard this more than a few times though I don't have first hand information. We have some really good threads on the board, and in the archive section, concerning Babe Ruth Candy Company cards, which are fairly similar to Fro-Joys. To this day there are some of the Fro Joys that the best experts in the country are not 100% on. In other words they aren't sure one way of the other. I think ALL grading companies should grade the ones they ARE 100% sure are legitimate. I have handled a hundred or more and only 1-2 was I unsure of.