PDA

View Full Version : Game used NFL Football value information?

GrayGhost
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Guys, I have a shot at buying what is PURPORTEDLY a game used NFL FB. It comes w a note from a guy who apparently is an exec or something and sent it to this guys kid. It apparently is from the second 1996 Bengals/steelers game

What is the approx value of a GU NFL Football? I know they are valuable in their own right, if "model balls", more and less plentiful than MLB's.

Also, anyone have an idea how many FB's are used in a given NFL Game? Rough?

I don't want to purchase the ball UNLESS I can make a few bucks on it, as its not something Id want to keep.

Any info would be appreciated and Thanks. Scott.

Duluth Eskimo
03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't spend too much on it if there is no significance to the game. No idea on how many footballs, but I would have to guess about 10 then a few more of the K or kicking balls. I sold some vintage balls that brought good money, but I think the newer stuff is too plentiful unless painted or specific game. Just my thoughts. Jason

pgellis
03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
If there is no "proof" of the ball being used in the game, then it would be almost impossible to sell it as such.

If it is indeed a game used ball and there is no significant play or outcome from that game, then the ball would be worth $200-$250.

GrayGhost
03-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, as I said, there is a kinda "note" w the ball. It would of course require a leap of faith. Im still kicking it around..NO PUN INTENDED:)

If I did get it, I would sell it for 125 or so, would give me room for a solid profit.

THANKS for the info guys and if anyone wants to add their thoughts, be greatly appreciated