PDA

View Full Version : WTS Jim Brown SGC 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66

Sean1125
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
A friend of mine has these, I am posting for him. I will give you his e-mail to deal if you are interested, he is a good guy and does mostly modern but picked up these cards...

1958T Jim Brown SGC 80 (6)
1959T Jim Brown SGC 80 (6)
1961T Jim Brown SGC 84 (7)
1963T Jim Brown SP SGC 60 (5)
1965P Jim Brown SGC 60 (5)

He also has raw (lesser condition)
1960T Jim Brown
1962T Jim Brown
1964P Jim brown
1966P Jim Brown

Il Padrino
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Can you send me some prices? Thx.

Exhibitman
03-23-2013, 03:24 PM
I might be into the lower grade 64 and 66 cards. Please PM image and price.

Il Padrino
03-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Deleted.

old-baseball
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't get it - is trying to make some money now something bad? I thought it was okay to sell things for what you want to sell them for. If you offer what they think they're worth or you don't like the price - move on. No need here to criticize the guy because of his pricing.

None of these cards are rare but all are fairly nice.

jefferyepayne
03-24-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't get it - is trying to make some money now something bad? I thought it was okay to sell things for what you want to sell them for. If you offer what they think they're worth or you don't like the price - move on. No need here to criticize the guy because of his pricing.

None of these cards are rare but all are fairly nice.

Sellers can do anything they want but I personally find it insulting when people do this to me. My solution is to keep a list of the members who "work" like this and just never do business with them. I suggest others do the same and they will eventually go elsewhere.

jeff

Sean1125
03-25-2013, 06:06 AM

Il Padrino
03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Deleted.

Sean1125
03-25-2013, 09:01 AM

shammus
03-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Guys, a couple things on this from my point of view.

1. It is not against the rules for people to try to sell their cards at a profit on BST. Yes, nearly double the price may seem high, however, sellers, as long as they're not breaking any rules on BST, are free to ask for whatever amount they want on their cards.

2. Interferring with someone else's BST listing on IS against the rules. Quoting previous prices, critically judging the grade on a card, etc... all fall into this category. Basically the rule is this, if you don't have something positive to contribute, please keep any correspondance between yourself and the seller private so that others are not influenced. Public communication would be ok if a seller was attempting to sell a trimmed/altered or reprinted card without fully disclosing the card's true nature. However since the seller is not doing anything dishonest in this situation, Sean's original listing is valid in my opinion. Any disagreements with the listing should be handled with Sean privately. Which brings me to #3...

3. Email correspondence, unless approved by a moderator, is also not allowed on the board. It falls into that catagory of posting someone's personal information that is generally frowned upon. It's the same as posting someone's street address, phone number or email address. So please keep all correspondance between yourselves and other members private. Forwarding the correspondance to a moderator is permissable, just keep it off of the board.

So basically, cliff notes version of all that is that neither posting personal info or commenting negatively/critically of another person's post in BST is allowed. Nothing personal, but we want this to be a safe/enjoyable place for everyone to feel free to use. If anyone feels wronged by what someone else is doing on the board, please don't hesitate to report the post or get a moderator involved. Thanks everyone for cooperating....

-Brian

Leon
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Guys, a couple things on this from my point of view.

1. It is not against the rules for people to try to sell their cards at a profit on BST. Yes, nearly double the price may seem high, however, sellers, as long as they're not breaking any rules on BST, are free to ask for whatever amount they want on their cards.

2. Interferring with someone else's BST listing on IS against the rules. Quoting previous prices, critically judging the grade on a card, etc... all fall into this category. Basically the rule is this, if you don't have something positive to contribute, please keep any correspondance between yourself and the seller private so that others are not influenced. Public communication would be ok if a seller was attempting to sell a trimmed/altered or reprinted card without fully disclosing the card's true nature. However since the seller is not doing anything dishonest in this situation, Sean's original listing is valid in my opinion. Any disagreements with the listing should be handled with Sean privately. Which brings me to #3...

3. Email correspondence, unless approved by a moderator, is also not allowed on the board. It falls into that catagory of posting someone's personal information that is generally frowned upon. It's the same as posting someone's street address, phone number or email address. So please keep all correspondance between yourselves and other members private. Forwarding the correspondance to a moderator is permissable, just keep it off of the board.

So basically, cliff notes version of all that is that neither posting personal info or commenting negatively/critically of another person's post in BST is allowed. Nothing personal, but we want this to be a safe/enjoyable place for everyone to feel free to use. If anyone feels wronged by what someone else is doing on the board, please don't hesitate to report the post or get a moderator involved. Thanks everyone for cooperating....

-Brian

Brian is 100% correct. Il Padrino has received an infraction for inappropriate behavior..........

Il Padrino
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey all. After re-reading this thread I want to apologize for perhaps being a bit too harsh in my responses.

I should have just accepted that the seller and I would not be able to agree on a price and moved on. Next time I'll handle this situation differently.

D. Bergin
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Hmmm!. Looks like he got a good deal on the cards because someone inefficiently put them all in one lot on Ebay.

More power to him. I've got a few Jim Brown cards I like to add to every once in awhile, almost wish I saw this lot myself.

Not sure what he paid for them has anything to do with anything, or if it's anybody's business.

I once picked up a boxing program at an Antique paper show for 50 bucks. I sold it a week later for $1500 bucks and the person who bought it from me listed it for $5000 bucks.

The guy I bought it from had a listed price on it and didn't complain when I bought it from him, I didn't quite know myself when I bought it, if it was what I thought it might be, but thought the shot in the dark was worth it.

I'm certainly not going to complain if the next guy gets the 5 grand out of it he was asking for it.

Leon
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey all. After re-reading this thread I want to apologize for perhaps being a bit too harsh in my responses.

I should have just accepted that the seller and I would not be able to agree on a price and moved on. Next time I'll handle this situation differently.

You are a good man, sir. We try to have fair rules and the rules are the same for everyone, Brian and I included.