PDA

View Full Version : To leave or not to leave

aloondilana
03-14-2013, 08:57 AM
I got a question for all of you...
Lets say you have a real nice vintage card saya Play Ball Dimaggio, it is graded by CSA.
Do you break it out of that encapuslation and not hear how the card must be crap because it is in there.
Or leave it in because the grade is good.

bn2cardz
03-14-2013, 09:04 AM
It really is more about your intentions with the card.
If you are just worried about the TPG company try a crossover to a more respected TPG. You can send it still encapsulated and tell them to break it out if can crossover.

Ease
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
It really is more about your intentions with the card.
If you are just worried about the TPG company try a crossover to a more respected TPG. You can send it still encapsulated and tell them to break it out if can crossover.

+1, and if you're happy with it as is, then just leave it and enjoy.

aloondilana
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Thank you for your responses.
I am told if you want to cross it over, you're best to crack it out of the CSA case so that the new grading company won't have a bias. I have heard far too many horror stories about CSA and I'm kind of whimpy in respect to being worried the card will not crossover with the same grade or worse come back altered.
The card measure up perfectly, but who knows what these high tech crooks do to alter cards.

cubsfan-budman
03-14-2013, 02:43 PM
you can ask them not to cross it over unless it meets a certain grade.

bn2cardz
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Thank you for your responses.
I am told if you want to cross it over, you're best to crack it out of the CSA case so that the new grading company won't have a bias. I have heard far too many horror stories about CSA and I'm kind of whimpy in respect to being worried the card will not crossover with the same grade or worse come back altered.
The card measure up perfectly, but who knows what these high tech crooks do to alter cards.

If it comes back altered it doesn't change the fact that it is altered, it just educates you about what you actually own.