PDA

View Full Version : New "bee" - here - 1911 miller huggins

joe dean
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi Fans: --- New to this site - collecting over 30+ yrs.... I recently came across a unique photo at an estate sale for 50.00.... It was from 1911 - miller huggins as a cardinal, he managed the 1927 yankess... the photo has a ton of markings on the back and it is a Type I --and also a culver... It seems rare to the couple of people i know i spoke with....Should i get an expert answer from goodwin and co, mile high or memory lane :i buy from....I like to get some serious valve and should I get it authenticated psa or beckett.... AGAIN, TYPE I MARKINGS, NO AUTOGRAPH....can a fellow memeber advise.... ty - jd

B]

[/B]

joe dean
03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
any replys about the huggins....???? ty

GKreindler
03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Joe,

I don't think the photo showed up in your post.

Graig

horzverti
03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Just a shot in the dark...but does the photo that you have an opportunity to purchase look like this one?

When I read that it is a Culver photo, I thought George Grantham Bain photo. Culver acquired a lot of Bain's old photos and many are over-stamped with Culver ink.

If it is an original Bain (or any original from 1911), it would be a good buy at $50...IMHO.

Would like to see your photo. :)

joe dean
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
i will have to scan it...no, i did purchase at estate and have it.... just looking to get an idea on price/value and who to certify....??? ty --- i will try to scan it