PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Montreal Royals Player Numbers?

jerseygary
03-10-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm working on a drawing and am searching for the numbers worn by the '46 Montreal Royals players. Jackie Robinson wore 30. I found the cover and part of a '46 scorecard, but not the scoring page that shows the numbers - does anyone have a copy of a Royals or any other International League team scorecard that lists the Royals numbers?

bobbvc
03-10-2013, 10:41 AM
My friend Pat Hart played for the Royals in 1945 but was released in 1946 as Robinson came in. So can't help on the scorecard. Made a few copies of Pat's photos I could share with you. Had him sign them as well for posterity. He had some great Branch Rickey stories. Pat will be 92 this St. Patrick's Day and lives with his wife a few blocks from my house.

jerseygary
03-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Bob, I'm looking for the numbers from just the 1946 team, opening day in particular, against Jersey City ( the lineup appears on the large scoreboard which I want to put in the background of my drawing).

I would love to see your friend's pictures though, regardless of whether it helps my research - minor league photos are priceless and those Royals teams of the late-40's and 50's were stocked with great talent so no doubt they will be great for everyone to see on Net 54.

jerseygary
03-10-2013, 11:24 AM
From a blurry auction catalog I found some of the numbers I needed:

CF RACKLEY 6
2b ROBINSON 9
LF SHUBA ? (SOMETHING ENDING IN "3")
1B TATUM 3 OR 5
RF DARRELL 23?
3B JORGENSEN 3?
C FRANKS 25?
SS BREARD ?
P DEFORGE ?