PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep cards from slipping out of the sleeves?

brownscollector78
03-02-2013, 04:47 AM
I have all my football cards in an album. I placed them in penny sleeves, then into card savers and then into the plastic pockets of the album sheets.

I notice when turning the page, the weight of the cards makes the cards at the top of the sleeves want to slip out.

Does anyone know of a good way to fix this?

If all else fails I can always tape the top of the sleeves but I was wondering if there was a better way?

Coninefan
03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
What kind of album pages do you use? 9 pocket? I've never heard of penny sleeves/top loads in an album.

Even if Ultra Pro made custom-fit too load sleeves, the weight from turning the pages would cause them to come out

brownscollector78
03-03-2013, 12:50 AM
I bought 4x6 4-pocket sleeves

jefferyepayne
03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I use 9 pocket album pages for my raw sets. It works really well. You just need to be very careful when putting the cards in so you don't ding the side or nick a corner. Once they're in, they stay in and I don't take them back out. For slightly larger cards ('52 Bowmans), the 8 pocket pages work well.

For graded sets, I used to put them in 4 pocket pages but the albums get too bulky too fast and the cards fall out of the top. I've looked at graded card boxes but haven't pulled the trigger on going in that direction yet. At this point I just stack the plastic up in whatever storage container makes sense depending on where they are stored (bank, storage unit, safe, etc.).

jeff

brownscollector78
03-04-2013, 01:42 AM
I have them back to back in the sheets. Maybe if I only put four in each sheet they won't slide out as much.