PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Starting ...

ChiSoxFan
02-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Been thinking about starting the 1966 O-Pee-Chee set to go along with my 1966 Topps set. Looking to build the set in at least VG+ condition. Would prefer raw, but graded will also work. Before attempting, I have a few questions I'm hoping to get answered.

Has anyone here attempted this set?

Are there any "hard to find" cards, other than Mantel and Mays?

Noticed on Beckett.com that is has commons for $3.00 BV (NrMT), however most cards on eBay (BIN) are way over this. Are eBay BIN prices closer to "releaity"?

Is there a web site that has past purchase history for this set?

Thanks for any help,
ChiSoxFan

Harliduck
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Wow, very cool... I think that would be a great accompanying set. When I was working on my 66 Topps set, I would come across OpeeChee every once in a while, but the reality is I barely saw any. Growing up in Seattle there were always OpeeChee cards around as a kid in the late 70's, and we used to not like them. Now I think they are really neat...I will look through my doubles and see if I even own any...I know I have a few 68 and 70s...

the 'stache
02-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Is there a web site that has past purchase history for this set?

James, VCP tracks the history of graded card sales:

http://www.vintagecardprices.com/

I have never used it myself, but a lot of people find it quite helpful.

You can also search on Ebay for recent history. Click the 'advanced' link in the upper right corner of the home page, and enter your card info, and be sure to check 'completed listings'. I'm not sure how far back this history goes, but it should give you a basis start point.

Good luck with the collection!!

mckinneyj
02-27-2013, 06:25 AM
> Are eBay BIN prices closer to "releaity"?

I don't track this set so have no idea what realistic prices might be, but, BINs are not typically going to be reflective of the market. ebay completed sales define the market. I'd start surveying them if I were going to attempt this set... good luck!