PDA

View Full Version : Ogden's Old Tom Guinea Gold on eBay

scooter729
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Was anyone else watching / bidding on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OGDENS-GUINEA-GOLD-GOLF-CARD-TOM-MORRIS-OPEN-WINNER-1861-/400415892707?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=YKlXOpZCOnfRR6RaV2bx4oINVbg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I was excited about the sharp corners on this one, but based on the blurry picture, I couldn't have total confidence that none of the black hadn't been re-touched. My snipe never even went off, and I thought it was interesting that there were 3 bidders over $1277 on this card! I got my SGC 84 for less than this one, so hopefully there are no surprises about the condition for the buyer.

Always nice to see golf cards sell strongly!

Golfcollector
02-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I emailed the seller on this card and got what I would call some "very unsual" responses.

It seems to me he knew the card was going to sell, was unwilling to answer it if was recolored, and offered zero for a return policy.

I stayed away, of course I would not have bid that high either...but....I hope someone does not get torched on this one.

scooter729
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Interesting, Dave - I hadn't heard back from the seller (granted, my question was a bit close to the auction's end), so I was leery, and even more so after seeing what you got for a response.

I'm glad this didn't work out for me, but as you said, hopefully someone didn't get burned if this is re-colored or has other issues....