PDA

View Full Version : Never seen this LOA before

mighty bombjack
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Did a search for Jesse Burkett and came across the current coaches' corner joke of an auction.

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/242/jesse-burkett-hand-signedcertified-cut-signature.aspx

The loa here is from rareandsigned.com. Never heard of them, but this is definitely not a legit Burkett (needless to say). They also certed the most rcent Josh Gibson signed baseball and so on and so forth.

Just wanted to throw that info out there, for whatever it's worth. It's gotta be worth more than the Burkett in the link.

RichardSimon
02-17-2013, 08:12 PM
rareandsigned.com has an active website.
Among other things they have more autographs for sale of John Lennon than Yoko has in her possession. .
The authentication page on the site refers to a "great referral scheme" (their words not mine). Kind of a buy one, then get someone else that you refer to buy one and then get one for free.

dgo71
02-17-2013, 08:41 PM
I was amazed at the Joe Kelley, Josh Gibson, Mordecai Brown, Gehrig, Tinker, Collins single-signed baseballs...all sweet spot of course...all signed in what appears to be the exact same pen. What amazed me was that they were completely serious in offering these travesties as authentic, and furthermore amazed that there are bids on some of them. Just terrible...

RichardSimon
02-17-2013, 09:02 PM
In my opinion many bidders on those items are just resellers, just as crooked as CC.

thetruthisoutthere
02-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Did a search for Jesse Burkett and came across the current coaches' corner joke of an auction.

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/242/jesse-burkett-hand-signedcertified-cut-signature.aspx

The loa here is from rareandsigned.com. Never heard of them, but this is definitely not a legit Burkett (needless to say). They also certed the most rcent Josh Gibson signed baseball and so on and so forth.

Just wanted to throw that info out there, for whatever it's worth. It's gotta be worth more than the Burkett in the link.

RareandSigned is also on Ebay's Banned COA list.

Bored5000
02-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Among my favorites in this CC auction: the Abraham Lincoln cut signature for $125, the John Adams cut signature for $43, the Beatles group signed photo for $103, the Geronimo cut signature for $118, the Christy Mathewson signed ball for $244, Babe Ruth signed ball for $227, Neil Armstrong signed baseball for $65, the 12X16 print signed by Barack/Michelle Obama and George W./Laura Bush for $28.

The biggest "bargain" of all, though, may be the Mother Theresa signed ball currently on sale for $22. :p I thought Mother Theresa only "signed" one ball. Even for CC, it seems shocking that they are trying to sell a ball that high-profile and well-known as being a fake.

Bored5000
02-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Among my favorites in this CC auction: the Abraham Lincoln cut signature for $125, the John Adams cut signature for $43, the Beatles group signed photo for $103, the Geronimo cut signature for $118, the Christy Mathewson signed ball for $244, Babe Ruth signed ball for $227, Neil Armstrong signed baseball for $65, the 12X16 print signed by Barack/Michelle Obama and George W./Laura Bush for $28.

The biggest "bargain" of all, though, may be the Mother Teresa signed ball currently on sale for $22. :p I thought Mother Teresa only "signed" one ball. Even for CC, it seems shocking that they are trying to sell a ball that high-profile and well-known as being a fake.