PDA

View Full Version : A friendly reminder concerning AGE on the Buy/Sell/Trade pages

Leon
02-17-2013, 10:15 AM
We have a lot of younger collectors joining our forum lately. I want to remind everyone that in order for you to be doing things on the Buy/Sell/Trade pages you need to be 18 yrs of age or older OR you need to have your parent or guardian give me an (email) approval. There are no exceptions to this. The reason I bring this up is I called a new registrant this morning and got his voice mail. I didn't leave one but there is almost no doubt he is a teenager or very young collector. WE love young collectors but, if under 18 yrs of age, they can't enter into a binding contract (I don't want to talk about exceptions or anymore law). I know there are a few young collectors on there now (the ones I know about) and I have permissions, and acceptance of liability, from their parents. thanks

wazoo
02-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for taking care of this earlier for me! I'm set :). Best regards Leon.

Leon
02-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for taking care of this earlier for me! I'm set :). Best regards Leon.

You are welcome Waz. You are a fine young man.

I also spoke with the young gentleman I referenced in my first post, this morning. He came over from Blowout and is going to have one of his parents give me a call. Our BST isn't a perfect system but it's pretty good. Thanks to everyone for making that place a good place to buy, sell and trade.

Sean1125
02-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Blowout is worse than CU in terms of children arguing accusations etc... I really hope they learn quickly... I've seen things said on blowout that would likely get people booted from here (unless they stamped their name obviously) and no one bats an eyelash. But I guess their parents being responsible means the kids know they could get a call and be responsible for their actions...

wazoo
02-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Thank you for the kind words Leon. It means a lot. Have a nice day.