PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball League - N54 Owners wanted

OTWCards
02-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I asked Leon and he said it would be alright to post this.

I've started an inaugural Dynasty (Keeper) Fantasy Baseball League and am currently looking for several owners to join the league ("Ethier Said Than Dunn"). 11 owners (4 from N54) committed so far and I'm looking for 1 more. I'd love to see some more N54 members join.

It is a weekly 12 team (three 4 team divisions), 6x6 (OBP and Holds added to the standard 5x5), head to head system. Each team will be award wins/losses/ties based upon the weekly scoring versus their opponent - ex: win 8 categories and tie 1 and your record is 8-3-1 for the week). The cost is $100 annually per team ($112.50 the first season with $12.50 to cover the league fee of $150). Owners will field a standard weekly lineup (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, UT, 4 SP, 3 RP and 1 SP/RP slot) plus 5 bench spots and 2 minor league spots (for your minor league prospects).

Each owner will keep 7 players for the following season and the league will run a standard waivers with fees for adds and trades to build a transaction pool.

Here are some additional specifics:

1. Scoring and roster rules will be posted on the CBS site and will be managed by CBS. Entry fee is $100 per team ($112.50 for first season to cover CBS fee of $150).

2. Prize pool will be $1200 plus transaction pool and will be paid accordingly:
$100 to each Division winner
$50 to Wild Card winner
$500 to World Series winner
$250 to World Series loser
$100 to 3rd place finisher (winner of loser bracket)
Transaction Pool (-$150 to pay league fee next season) to Best Regular Season Record

3. Owners will keep 7 players each season. Balance of roster will return to Free Agent Pool. Keepers must be announced 14 days before draft. If drops are not made, Commissioner will make drops based upon CBS preseason rankings (keeping the 7 highest rated players).

4. Off season trades (including draft picks) will be allowed ONLY if both owners are paid for upcoming season.

5. Changes to the Constitution will be made ONLY with a majority vote AND at least 75% of team owners voting. In-season changes will require 75% majority approval of the league to be implemented.

6. The first $150 of transaction pool will be used to pay for the next season's league fee to CBS. The balance will be paid to the team with the best regular season record (tie breaker is winning percentage, then head-to-head, then most regular season victories, then highest batting average, then lowest ERA).

7. League Draft will be extended format beginning on or about March 10, 2013. Owners will be able to draft in order on-line over an extended period as their schedule permits.

8. Inaugural draft will be serpentine (ex: 1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc) and subsequent years will be in reverse order of finish with NO serpentine.

9. Transaction fees to be paid monthly throughout the season (due by the 5th of the next month - ex: April fees due by May 5th).

Please contact me via PM or at otwcards at aol dot com if you are interested or need more information.

OTWCards
02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
A friendly bump. So far, one potential owner from N54. Any more?

OTWCards
02-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Looking for 3 more owners. C'mon N54, this is your chance to control over 40% of the league ownership...

chris
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Count me in. My email is bucklercards@yahoo.com

Thanks
Chris Buckler

Leon
02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Looking for 3 more owners. C'mon N54, this is your chance to control over 40% of the league ownership...

Since we have other Leagues going right now (Dave's one's) that could be the reason for the less than great response. I don't do fantasy stuff. I live in my own dreamworld as is.

itjclarke
02-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm in if there's still room.. email- itjclarke@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ian

OTWCards
02-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Lost an owner and waiting for one more to accept the invitation.

Have one last slot available (perhaps two). LMK if you're interested. As soon as we fill up, I'll prep everyone and we'll draw for draft positions and begin the online extended draft in about 10 days.

itjclarke
02-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Lost an owner and waiting for one more to accept the invitation.

Have one last slot available (perhaps two). LMK if you're interested. As soon as we fill up, I'll prep everyone and we'll draw for draft positions and begin the online extended draft in about 10 days.

Thank you for the league invite. After a lifetime of baseball playing and baseball fandom, this will be my first try at fantasy baseball. I've done football and basketball for years, but never baseball. I'm excited for the season!

Ian