PDA

View Full Version : Another Classic

Bocabirdman
02-08-2013, 04:55 AM
I apologize, to all who have a last second snipe in place, for outting this auction. Decimal point misplacement?:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-Heinie-Wagner-Boston-Red-Sox-Vintage-Piedmont-Cigarettes-Baseball-Card-/360582175731?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53f45f5bf3

sdkammeyer
02-08-2013, 05:01 AM
I apologize, to all who have a last second snipe in place, for outting this auction. Decimal point misplacement?:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-Heinie-Wagner-Boston-Red-Sox-Vintage-Piedmont-Cigarettes-Baseball-Card-/360582175731?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53f45f5bf3

you haven't bid on that yet? what are you waiting on??

"some of the cards were stuck together" .... that's all the provenance you need right there sir! Life is sweet but certain!!

Bocabirdman
02-08-2013, 05:32 AM
you haven't bid on that yet? what are you waiting on??

"some of the cards were stuck together" .... that's all the provenance you need right there sir! Life is sweet but certain!!

I need to hang on to my money. i am waiting for the much rarer "bottom third" Heinie Wagner that I hope he lists next.:eek:;):D

brianp-beme
02-08-2013, 07:21 AM
With the bottom portion missing, it is nearly impossible to discern whether this is a Heinie or a Honus.

Brian

Brian Van Horn
02-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Just remember that the starting price is the half off special.

bbcard1
02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
i was half tempted to bid on that.

conor912
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Well, someone in Conway, Arkansas says its vintage, which is all I need to go on.

ksfarmboy
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Well guys you are in luck. I know this story is going to sound too good to be true in light of the last Wagner find but it actually happened. I was looking not through grandpa's attic, not through my dad's attic but through my attic. What I found will astound you. While looking for my 1977 Topps football cards from my childhood I stumbled across this monumental find. Yes it's the brother to the Wagner that you guys missed out on. Plus it's the rare Polar Bear back with absolutely no staining. That's right no staining. Fresh find as I literally just found it. You guys tell me what it's worth.

Bocabirdman
02-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Well guys you are in luck. I know this story is going to sound too good to be true in light of the last Wagner find but it actually happened. I was looking not through grandpa's attic, not through my dad's attic but through my attic. What I found will astound you. While looking for my 1977 Topps football cards from my childhood I stumbled across this monumental find. Yes it's the brother to the Wagner that you guys missed out on. Plus it's the rare Polar Bear back with absolutely no staining. That's right no staining. Fresh find as I literally just found it. You guys tell me what it's worth.

If only it was a Heinie Wagner (right shoulder), wow:D