PDA

View Full Version : Heritage live auction and the Red Cross

brooklynbaseball
02-06-2013, 07:03 AM
I realize this is "off topic" but I know that representatives from Heritage read this forum and I hope they take my words into consideration. I received an invitation to the "Platinum Night" Signature Auction in the mail yesterday. I was not surprised that they will be collecting a $100 donation to attend. What is disheartening to me is that they are giving the money to the RED CROSS for Superstorm Sandy Relief. As one who lives in, and is a neighbor to, one of the hardest hit areas, and had my home flooded, I can state factually, that the Red Cross did almost NOTHING to aid those affected by the storm. Their minimal presence, while collecting tens of millions of dollars, makes me sick. The commercials they are airing presently on NY television stations are blasphemous, they are taking credit for work done by local charities. If Heritage really wants to reward relief agencies with the funds they collect they should look into the local organizations that tirelessly aided those affected, and continue to do so. The Red Cross is merely a fund raising organization, they are not what they claim to be.