PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for a rare card

EvilKing00
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
A while back someone posted a thread about
"whats a rare card you own BUT not expensive"

The responces from the board were prety cool, as well as getting me on a 2 month search for one that someone posted that i just had to have.

So i was hoping to get a few more people to post about a Rare and or obscure/hard to find card that would still only fetch $20.00 or so.

Id love to go on another hunt!

I have 3 that were under 20.00 that i would never sell (unless i had doubles)

1 - 1960 Nu Card Hi-Lites (over sized card) of the 1st Eddie Gaedel card ever made (his Rookie card) also the 1961 nu scoops regular size is cool too.

2 - The 1963 Gad fun card #46 (Jackie Robinson) Very informative tought me something I didnt know and a card like this will never be made again. Amazing what they got away with in the 60's.

3 - Besides a card - a bought a photo cut out from a 1914 reach guide of the 1914 Baltimore International team which included Babe Ruth. One of my favorite things I have.

Eric72
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I can't seem to locate it right now; however, I have a card which is both one-of-kind and (at the same time) pretty much worthless.

In the mid '90s, I went to a Phillies game and came across a cool booth near one of the concession stands. It was hosted by Donruss and they were creating custom baseball cards. For roughly $10 or so, you could have a card made - of yourself.

I had on a jersey and cap already...they gave me a bat to hold, took my picture, and made a card right there, on the spot...of ME!

Stats on the back and everything. I was a 4th year player with a wretched batting average (.260, I think) but a little bit of power (averaged 25 HRs or so per year.)

When I finally find that card, I will scan and post.

Best,

Eric

ullmandds
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I thought this was a vintage card site?:)

Eric72
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
I thought this was a vintage card site?:)
Peter,

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Besides, anything depicting me as a young man definitely qualifies as being old:eek:

Best,

Eric