PDA

View Full Version : Net54baseball user activity

Leon
02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I thought some folks might like to see what the board is doing nowadays, in the way of user activity. We have Google Analytics installed and of course it's not perfect but gives an idea..

***For the last 30 days-

Visits: 165,678

Unique Visitors: 30,197

Pageviews: 1,928,865

Pages / Visit: 11.64

Avg. Visit Duration: 00:11:14

Bounce Rate: 16.16%

% New Visits: 15.55%

Sean1125
02-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Interesting any idea how these compare to blowout or any other forums? People have been begging them to add a vintage section but they refuse.

Leon
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Interesting any idea how these compare to blowout or any other forums? People have been begging them to add a vintage section but they refuse.

I really don't have any idea how we compare to other forums. I believe we have the largest base of vintage collectors of any forum but I am also biased. Our BST section is more active than some other BST forums I have seen.

Sean1125
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
In terms of vintage I haven't found a larger forum. I would say in the past CU rivaled net54 but it went downhill and it went downhill fast.

Leon
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
In terms of vintage I haven't found a larger forum. I would say in the past CU rivaled net54 but it went downhill and it went downhill fast.

The other day, just for kicks, I counted the number of threads, all totaled, for both forums that were active that day. We had around 35% more. That was a sample of one day. I know some other forums are more active but not with vintage.

vintagetoppsguy
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Our BST section is more active than some other boards I have seen.

I corrected that for you, Leon :D

h2oya311
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I wonder how one would account for smart phones. I have the net54 page up all the time and simply check up and refresh on occasion. I think it looks like I am perpetually signed in, even though I am not technically browsing.

I am sure there are others in the same boat. Hopefully the numbers aren't skewed by visitors who are "idle" and not actually "using" the site.

Cool stats though...

Leon
02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I wonder how one would account for smart phones. I have the net54 page up all the time and simply check up and refresh on occasion. I think it looks like I am perpetually signed in, even though I am not technically browsing.

I am sure there are others in the same boat. Hopefully the numbers aren't skewed by visitors who are "idle" and not actually "using" the site.

Cool stats though...

I forget the number now but after a certain amount of hours and no activity, I believe the system logs you out internally. Don't hold my feet to the fire on this but I think that is the issue.

GoldenAge50s
02-04-2013, 10:04 PM
I forget the number now but after a certain amount of hours and no activity, I believe the system logs you out internally. Don't hold my feet to the fire on this but I think that is the issue.

It must be over 24 hrs Leon. I stay perpertually signed in and while I visit more than once a day there are occasions I may miss a day. I haven't had to re-sign in for 2-3 months I believe.

BearBailey
02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Awesome. That is your marketing piece for all potential advertisers! Analytics is the future to many things but most people do not understand it! Very cool, Thanks for sharing.

queencitysportscards
02-05-2013, 09:10 PM
This is the place to be...I am on here all the time now and have done a few transactions on the board for my T206 Cincy set.

FYI, great pub on Sports Collectors Daily:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/ramblings-local-show-on-the-grow/

Hank

Ronnie73
02-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I stay signed on all the time also. I always keep the window open since its running on a server and the only down time I have is during server updates. I am happy to say that I check this website more times a day than my facebook page for new posts.

frankbmd
02-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Bold title for the post, but I wonder how the numbers are compiled. I have a bookmarked page on a tab that has a quick link to the main menu, which allows me to come and go as I please without ever signing in. Does that mean my average annual visit is 24*365=8760 hours long?:eek::eek::eek:

I also wonder if I'm coming and going through the back door, should I be classified as an illegal immigrant or a citizen without status or maybe just a wild and crazy guy.:D:D:D

You can call me anything you want though as long as you leave the back door unlocked.;););)

Bocabirdman
02-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Bold title for the post, but I wonder how the numbers are compiled. I have a bookmarked page on a tab that has a quick link to the main menu, which allows me to come and go as I please without ever signing in. Does that mean my average annual visit is 24*365=8760 hours long?:eek::eek::eek:

I also wonder if I'm coming and going through the back door, should I be classified as an illegal immigrant or a citizen without status or maybe just a wild and crazy guy.:D:D:D

You can call me anything you want though as long as you leave the back door unlocked.;););)

The men don't know but the little girls understand..............:eek: