PDA

View Full Version : Another BST rule, but for the better? and verbiage change

Leon
02-03-2013, 08:19 AM
This is for anyone that uses the BST Live Auction section. I had a suggestion that there be a rule (ya'll know how much I like rules) that says the closing time should be in the subject titles. I think it sounds like a suggestion we need to contemplate.
In general I don't care for too many rules as then they need to be enforced. There are a couple that are so important they become part of the fabric of the forum. I hope everyone notices the verbiage change (NOT a rule change) that is on the right of the Net54baseball logo at the top of every page.

"If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post."

It concerns a members full name when giving opinions. Hopefully that will help the forum overall and let everyone know what is expected without reading the formal rules that are very long and always posted under that respective icon. Back to the ending time being posted in those subject titles.
So, should there be that rule of the auction ending date in the titles, and if there is that rule, how should it be instituted?

HercDriver
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Leon --

Like you said, if it's a rule, then it needs to be enforced. Nobody will want to enforce it, so I wouldn't enact it. However, I think we can improve the Auction page with a "recommended standard format." We could post it as a "sticky" post for about a month, so that everybody can get used to it. After that, it'll become the standard for the most part (at least I that's what I think would happen). It would look something like this:

T205 Sovereign Lot of Four...ends 10 Feb, 8:00 PM MST

Once it ends, it would look like:

CLOSED...T205 Sovereign Lot of Four

Just my thoughts...

Take Care,
Geno