PDA

View Full Version : Starting football card collection

brownscollector78
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I have just recently purchased my first football cards to add to my Browns collection. I bought some 1950 Bowman ungraded Browns cards.

I am wondering, whats the nicest way to display these cards?

Is it typical to just buy a binder to put them in or are there nicer ways to display them? What are the options in todays marketplace?

I am not a card guy (haven't collected cards in 25 years) so I apologize in advance if this question seems ignorant.

jefferyepayne
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I have just recently purchased my first football cards to add to my Browns collection. I bought some 1950 Bowman ungraded Browns cards.

I am wondering, whats the nicest way to display these cards?

Is it typical to just buy a binder to put them in or are there nicer ways to display them? What are the options in todays marketplace?

I am not a card guy (haven't collected cards in 25 years) so I apologize in advance if this question seems ignorant.

Way cool, James! There's all sorts of ways to display your cards, raw or graded. I keep my raw cards in binders so I can look at them without damaging them but if you want to actually *display* them, there are display cases out there that you can put them in. There are other threads on Net54 that discuss display cases, where to get them, and various display options. Regardless, I'd recommend putting the raw cards in top loaders so they aren't damaged.

jeff

brownscollector78
02-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Way cool, James! There's all sorts of ways to display your cards, raw or graded. I keep my raw cards in binders so I can look at them without damaging them but if you want to actually *display* them, there are display cases out there that you can put them in. There are other threads on Net54 that discuss display cases, where to get them, and various display options. Regardless, I'd recommend putting the raw cards in top loaders so they aren't damaged.

jeff

Thanks for replying!
Yes I definitely plan to protect them. I don't have a lot of wall space left so I'm thinking a wall mounted display case is out of the question. I suppose a binder will have to be the way to go.

brownscollector78
02-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Wow, I just got my first 1950 Bowman card in the mail today and dang, it's a lot smaller than I expected.

Definitely different