PDA

View Full Version : Finished an Auto'd set- Time to Cash in, HOW?

Smanzari
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey All-

I am one of those annoying autographers you see at ballgames, and have completed an autographed set (or most of it, missing like 2 cards). I am now bored with it and want to sell it and move on to the next project. How would you do it? Break it up and sell individually at a fixed price? Sell individually in an auction at 0.99? or sell as an entrie set?

Believe it or not, I actually have the base cards and a lot of time in this set, so essentially if they i list auction style and the sell at $0.99, I do get a profit but I want to maximize it!

Please let me know your opinions!

Thanks!
Stefan

novakjr
02-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey All-

I am one of those annoying autographers you see at ballgames, and have completed an autographed set (or most of it, missing like 2 cards). I am now bored with it and want to sell it and move on to the next project. How would you do it? Break it up and sell individually at a fixed price? Sell individually in an auction at 0.99? or sell as an entrie set?

Believe it or not, I actually have the base cards and a lot of time in this set, so essentially if they i list auction style and the sell at $0.99, I do get a profit but I want to maximize it!

Please let me know your opinions!

Thanks!
Stefan

Definitely broken up to maximize profit. Can I ask, which set? and which 2 cards you're missing?

Smanzari
02-01-2013, 10:07 AM
It's 2011 Topps Heritage Minors, Nothing Crazy. Missing Alan Horne (who is signing TTM now) but figured if I was breaking up immediately, may not be worth it. The other I can't remember off of the top of my head. Still some good autos in the set including Harper, Trout, Moore, Turner, etc.... I have just shifted my collecting focus and honestly forgot about this until recently....

novakjr
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
In that case. You'd probably be better moving any of the BIG names soon, and being patient with the rest. Keep an eye on who's getting any buzz in spring training or with the top prospect lists, and move them. Same for september callup buzz. Wait 'til they're hot to move 'em. At the end you'll end up stuck with a bunch of nobodies that you could probably just sell as a lot..

Ebay bins are probably the way to go. Because these natural hype stages will pretty much do the work for you. List 'em a little higher to begin. As one stage passes, drop the prices a little on what's left. As you approach the next stage, move 'em back up. Rinse, repeat, until you just wanna get 'em out of your hair. Then bundle up the leftovers.

Republicaninmass
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
I'd try for the last 2 then put up the set with a crazy BIN, if it doesnt sell, least you can say you completed it!