PDA

View Full Version : Clean Sweep ... are they for real?

DerekMichael
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
I am curious about something.

Last night I paid good money to win a piece from their auction. I have been trying to get them on the phone all day. I have tried two different numbers, and they simply ring ... over, and over, and over. Is there a third number that only the advanced collectors are privy to?

Every auction house I have ever dealt with would either pick up the phone, or call back within a reasonable timeframe. It just seems that the day after one of your auctions, on a weekday no less, there should be someone, ANYONE, to pick up the phone to answer any questions a client may have.

What I am wondering is whether or not any of my fellow board members have had these same issues with this particular auction house? Is this typically how they conduct business, or is this something out of the ordinary?

Thus far, I am very disappointed by all of this, and I do not feel this is an appropriate way to conduct business.

D.erek Hogue

dog*dirt
01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
While I can not explain the phone calls going unanswered, I would not worry. There have been many positive transactions I have had with them.

DerekMichael
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks man. That is encouraging. It is not so much that I think I am going to get screwed, I just feel there is a major disconnect as far customer service is concerned, at least in this one particular instance.

I will try them back again later.

Thank You.

peterb69
01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
I have been buying from them for many years with no problem. I know after an auction they are crazy. I would say thier customer service needs improvement, but they are a legit company and you will get you auction item.

DerekMichael
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Thank you. They have two phone numbers listed on their web page. By any chance, are you aware of a different line to call?

Thank You.

gnaz01
01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
They are fine, probably sleeping :D

Wymers Auction
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Derek I am a live auctioneer myself and the post that says sleeping is on the money. They probably have hundreds of calls after the auction like how do I pay, when will I get my item, I was trying to bid but could not do I have to register, and so on. I am not saying this is the ideal way to deal with customers, but try to understand their side some. They are a very reputable firm.

glchen
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
I've had positive transactions with Clean Sweep also. I think they are probably sleeping also. Usually after conducting an auction that goes well into the night or early morning, the auctioneers often need to get rest the next day.

Runscott
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
I contacted them successfully twice yesterday - very friendly, very helpful. I've had other transactions with them the last year or so that were all great.

T205 GB
01-31-2013, 03:51 PM
I contacted them successfully twice yesterday - very friendly, very helpful. I've had other transactions with them the last year or so that were all great.

Well that explains it. Scott could you please not be so long winded on the phone so as to allow other customers to get in contact with customer service as well:D

Buythatcard
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
I have had all good dealings with Clean Sweep. Try emailing them if they are not answering the phones. In the past, they have always responded to my emails.

Runscott
01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Well that explains it. Scott could you please not be so long winded on the phone so as to allow other customers to get in contact with customer service as well:D

lol <=== rare use of text-speak

ls7plus
02-02-2013, 12:41 AM
I have had a great many dealings with Steve and Clean Sweep over the years, and have not had a single problem. Their reputation is tops with me.

Sincerely,

Larry

DerekMichael
02-02-2013, 01:31 AM
It seems that everyone here has nothing but good things to say. I am glad you are all happy with your transactions. Personally, I would change a few things, but I will leave it at that.

Thank you for posting your personal experiences.

ibuysportsephemera
02-02-2013, 08:34 AM
I had a problem with their customer service about 5 years ago and will never do business with them again. Maybe they have gotten better?