PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Card Co. Pemium Auction Jan 2013 ENDS today

Leon
01-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Mile High Card Co. Pemium Auction Jan 2013 ENDS today.

There is a great #1 Lot. A signed Ruth/Capone baseball and several pre-war sets that are being broken up. There are also some nice post war cards, signed balls and memorabilia. A little something for almost everyone. Good luck to all that make a run!!

http://www.milehighcardco.com/catalog.aspx

Sean1125
01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Wow... Finest T3 set, those look AMAZING.

freakhappy
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Wow... Finest T3 set, those look AMAZING.

Sean, I agree...what a beautiful set!

I didn't know that they could auction off the set and the individual cards at the same time and take whichever sells the highest, therefore canceling the lowest of the two. Pretty wild stuff...but I like it.

peterose4hof
01-31-2013, 12:58 PM

I didn't know that they could auction off the set and the individual cards at the same time and take whichever sells the highest, therefore canceling the lowest of the two. Pretty wild stuff...but I like it.

That's one of the strangest things I have seen an auction house do. You would have to think the cards sold individually will outperform the complete set. I'm interested to see how it finishes.

Leon
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
That's one of the strangest things I have seen an auction house do. You would have to think the cards sold individually will outperform the complete set. I'm interested to see how it finishes.

Several auctions have been doing this for years.

Wymers Auction
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
I like it too, that is a company that is working hard to get the most money for their consignor. When real estate is sold in tracts or small pieces they use the same method.

bobfreedman
01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Leon is correct that our customers have been doing it for years, it is not an easy thing to do programatically especially when you factor in Max bids on the individual lots and the single lot. We just recently added the figures that indicates what the individual lots are totaling up to at the top of the lots. Hopefully that will everybody.

peterose4hof
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
That is a great option to have available for prospective consigners. Bravo!

Bicem
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
whose T3 set is that?

jcmtiger
01-31-2013, 04:05 PM

I did the same thing in an SCD auction in the 1980's with a large lot of Horror of Wars cards. The winner turned out to be the complete lot.

Joe

jhs5120
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
I have a few items consigned so bid often! :)

Bosox Blair
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm a little tired and also pissed off today. Had the top bids on a number of the single M116 cards that I have been searching for. Then out of nowhere (and after 3AM EST) the set price breaks the singles price and then the auction closes.

Boom - shut out just like that, even though I had strong bids in on the singles.

Of course I knew it was possible for the set to win, given the auction format...but I honestly never ever thought it would happen.

Oh well, more to spend in REA :).

Cheers,
Blair

sox1903wschamp
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm a little tired and also pissed off today. Had the top bids on a number of the single M116 cards that I have been searching for. Then out of nowhere (and after 3AM EST) the set price breaks the singles price and then the auction closes.

Boom - shut out just like that, even though I had strong bids in on the singles.

Of course I knew it was possible for the set to win, given the auction format...but I honestly never ever thought it would happen.

Oh well, more to spend in REA :).

Cheers,
Blair

Yep, Ditto.

Jlighter
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
If the winner of the M116 lot would like to sell either of the Chief Benders, please let me know.

big80s
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
The set price on the M116's (over 98K) was impressive. It was a top notch set, but that number surprised me, as well. Like Blair, I had some strong bids in on some of those cards - only to wake up without any wins.

I mentioned it before on this forum, but I really think the m116 set has some room for growth in terms of popularity - and this auction might be kicking that off.

Republicaninmass
02-01-2013, 06:41 PM
My bidding summary was

outbid

outbid

outbid

outbid

as well, strong prices on what I wanted!

caramelcard
02-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not very happy either.

I needed two cards to complete my M116 set and thought I had both of them won. The set price didn't even look close until I checked really late.

Oh well.

Rob

cobblove
02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
also sad about losing my bids on the m116s last night.
Man the E98 Young went for way less this time I noticed from the frist time it sold, went from 11,000.00 to 5,000.00 in a few months. and also the e97 Cy young went for 1100 3 months ago at goodwin and was put back in milehigh sold for 550 the 2nd time around.
Fun auction. I just didnt like the whole sets being sold with the option of biding on them indiviualy personaly.

Bicem
02-02-2013, 09:23 AM
T3 prices were insane, felt like it was 2008.

Bosox Blair
02-02-2013, 01:43 PM
T3 prices were insane, felt like it was 2008.

Hi Jeff,

Yup, noticed that on certain ones too. Could hardly belive the Stahl PSA 6. There are 3 of these with that grade from PSA. I picked up one of them on eBay a few months ago for $850. The Mile High one went for over $4700!!! :eek:

Cheers,
Blair

sycks22
02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Some lower prices were had on some bigger cards. I also didn't think the entire set of M116 had a shot over the individual cards. A lot of the cards had pretty high prices I thought.