PDA

View Full Version : New O'Keeffe story in NY Daily News that sounds strange

RichardSimon
01-27-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/memorabilia-dealer-juice-delgado-article-1.1248819

The dealer quoted in this story, Steve Lader, (I don't know who he is), is quoted as saying that Carlos Delgado did not properly sign items that he was contracted to sign.
Mr Lader states that Delgado signed A Rod bats instead of signing his own bats.
How is that even possible? Did Delgado go out and buy A Rod bats and then sign them to send to the dealer? Doesn't the dealer supply the bats for Delgado to sign??

travrosty
01-27-2013, 02:00 PM
if the dealer got stuff he didnt want, its his own fault for not stipulating the terms of the contract. i think he is sour because delgado didnt make 500 homeruns, and he bet it all on red on the roulette wheel and lost. now he wants to play some excuse to get his money back. he took a flyer on delgado and speculated and lost and people want no-risk speculation deals these days i suppose.

baseball tourist
01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
FWIW - I knew Carlos from his years with Toronto and he was always one of the classiest, most respectfull, friendliest players I ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Witnessed multiple interactions with fans and he was always pleasant and accommodating. In addition his long time agent, David Sloane seemed to be cut from the same cloth. I really can't envision either man involved in a signing deal that ended up as the article indicates.

brooklynbaseball
02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
I believe Mr Delgado sued this dealer previously, so this could be a case of "right back atcha". Pretty juvenile....