PDA

View Full Version : BST Auctions

HercDriver
01-27-2013, 05:29 AM
It's easy to make suggestions when you have nothing to do with implementing them, but I was thinking that maybe it's time to divide the BST Auctions into multiple categories. For now, we probably just need something like pre-WWII and post WWII, or something like that. I don't think an excessive amount is necessary, but a couple categories would keep auctions from getting "buried" so quickly.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Geno

jimivintage
01-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Amen, Geno!

Leon
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I will take a look at that over the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion...I love hearing about things to make the board better and always listen.

And I just looked over there. One of our members just started approximately 12 separate thread, auctions at one time. That ain't gonna fly....that looks ridiculous in context of the rest of the people doing auctions. Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?

Chris Counts
01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
"Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?"

Thank you Leon, that suggestion is music to my ears. I personally would list more stuff for sale, but I get frustrated when my items fade quickly off the first page because of sellers listing so many different threads and constantly bumping them. How about a limit of one thread on the first page at a time? There's no reason every card needs a thread ...

Leon
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
"Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?"

Thank you Leon, that suggestion is music to my ears. I personally would list more stuff for sale, but I get frustrated when my items fade quickly off the first page because of sellers listing so many different threads and constantly bumping them. How about a limit of one thread on the first page at a time? There's no reason every card needs a thread ...

I agree Chris...though I am thinking 2 auctions instead of 1 open at once. Actually, I had the number of 3 in mind but I could see the compromise between 1 and 3 :). Hopefully we can hear some more thoughts on it. And my previous comment wasn't supposed to demean anyone but it does look ridiculous over there, right now.

AndyG09
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Leon,

I think two is fine, but that looks brutal over there now. One member monopolizing that whole page is wrong. I think the auction section may need an overhaul like Geno suggested.

Best,

Andy

rjackson44
01-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Thank you leon:)

Wymers Auction
01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I will take a look at that over the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion...I love hearing about things to make the board better and always listen.

And I just looked over there. One of our members just started approximately 12 separate thread, auctions at one time. That ain't gonna fly....that looks ridiculous in context of the rest of the people doing auctions. Maybe there does need to be rule about how many you can have open at one time?
Sorry Leon that is me. I will put them in much bigger lots in the future. I will let these run through as they are as they have bids on them. Again, I apologize. I considered just the regular B/S/T, but I have a hard time resisting the auction method.

Matthew H
01-27-2013, 12:49 PM
It's easy to make suggestions when you have nothing to do with implementing them, but I was thinking that maybe it's time to divide the BST Auctions into multiple categories. For now, we probably just need something like pre-WWII and post WWII, or something like that. I don't think an excessive amount is necessary, but a couple categories would keep auctions from getting "buried" so quickly.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Geno

Yes! Please!

sdkammeyer
01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Well ....... is it time for a net54 weekly conglomerate auction? No way you can go wrong there Leon. Would be a little work, but maybe you could wrangle a mod to help out.

30-40 lots maximum per week..... ending every Saturday at various time intervals??

I think it would actually get MORE people involved in the "live auctions" if it were a bit more structured.

Wymers Auction
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM

Leon can I just take these down I would even to be willing to just sell them for the bids left on them. Let me know what you would like to do.

Leon
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Leon can I just take these down I would even to be willing to just sell them for the bids left on them. Let me know what you would like to do.

You didn't know and didn't realize, James.....maybe we could take them down and combine them. Whomever has bid will understand....Your call and thanks for your understanding.

And as for the conglomerate auction, dunno about that :).

buymycards
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
And to be slightly off point, please don't put your ebay auctions in the live auction area. There is a separate category for ebay auctions.

If you are selling 50's cards on ebay, please don't put these auctions in the 1950's category. Put them in the ebay auctions area.

If you have questions about an item, such as T206's, please don't post these questions in the tobacco card BST, they belong on the main board.

Now I feel better!

Thanks, Rick

HercDriver
01-27-2013, 01:52 PM
James --

Although I'm the one who started the thread, I don't really see a need to take down your auctions. That's what the page is there for. I'd just like more categories so the pre-war cards don't get buried under the more commonly auctioned post-war cards. I think you're fine under the current construct.

Take Care,
Geno

Golfcollector
01-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Well ....... is it time for a net54 weekly conglomerate auction? No way you can go wrong there Leon. Would be a little work, but maybe you could wrangle a mod to help out.

30-40 lots maximum per week..... ending every Saturday at various time intervals??

I think it would actually get MORE people involved in the "live auctions" if it were a bit more structured.

+1 !!!

HercDriver
01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
No thanks. Too much work, unless you're volunteering. A couple categories would be painless and I wouldn't have to spend every Saturday night looking at bids. We have companies that do that already...

Geno

frankbmd
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
1. Limited number of active auctions per person (1, 2 or 3) per existing category

2. No bumps for closed auctions or thank yous. Titles can be changed without bumping I believe through editing function.

3. Everybody wants to be near the top. Auctions are not sortable by closing time. One bump on the final day of an auction only or weekly on the BST threads.

4. Activity seems to be increasing so more categories may be needed, but I would like to see 1, 2 & 3 first.

Rules can be applied to live auctions and existing BST threads.

Just my two cents.

Jlighter
01-27-2013, 03:59 PM

I was thinking something similar, but possibly Bi-annually.

Leon
01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
To address this small, first little misunderstanding there has been a title change on the Live Auctions BST forum. It now says 2-3 open at once. That is more than enough rules. The more rules the worse it is. :)

That situation has all been taken care of AND maybe there was a bit of a positive outcome to the whole thing.

As for an auction of some type, I really think there are enough going around, that I don't want to make the little Net54baseball one into anything more than it is, at least as of now. I am open to listening to all ideas, as always, but I am slow to fix things that aren't broken.

And Frank, I hear what you say about instituting some rules...I think we have one of these threads every 6 mos and let things work themselves out. If anything gets crazy it will be addressed. Caveat Emptor :)

Exhibitman
01-27-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd definitely support a limit on bumps to once per auction.

Leon
01-27-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd definitely support a limit on bumps to once per auction.

If you want to moderate that, I think the position is open. :)

EvilKing00
01-28-2013, 04:53 AM
I think the idea of breaking up the auction area into sections would work well.

basicly:

the Live Auction link on the main page remains once you click it it takes you to a page with the break down of all the auction threads-

1 - 19 cent auctions

2 - Pre War

3 - T's

4 - etc etc etc

that way the feel of the forum reamins the same (same front page) and the auction's are all broke into the same categories as our threads. Would make for a better wat to find what your looking for as a buyer as well.

tiger8mush
01-28-2013, 05:12 AM
19 cent auctions

inexpensive enough for me!