PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Spalding Willie Keeler Baseball Bat

Mac927
01-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello All!

I am posting again because I recently purchased a Willie Keeler bat from a local flea market. I am not an antique bat expert but I purchased this bat because I haven't seen one before and thought it displayed nicely. The bat looks like it was restored. It was cracked on the handle which is repaired and the overall bat seems to have a finish on it. Its not the original finish. It does appear to be very clean and displays very well! After doing some research, I don't think its a " game bat" because it does not say "gold medal" on it and it has the Spalding trademark on the bottom of the knob. I am curious to know if this bat still has any value?? I was going to give it to my son but he doesn't want it lol! So it is also for sale. I dont want to put it on the B/S/T section yet because it might not be worth anything! Any help from the experts would be wonderful! Thanks in advance for all of your help. God Bless.

Brian

markf31
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Its a nice Keeler bat! These bats were store model bats. They do have some value, I've seen them sell at auction for anywhere between 150-600 but none those bats had not been cracked/repiared or refinished. In my mind this severly lowers the value of the bat.

sicollector1954
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Bat dates from 1912-21. It is in fact a store model bat....probably measuring 31 inches in length and perhaps weighing a ton---36-39 oz...depending if it has lost any weight over the years. A very nice vintage bat that does in fact have value and is a great vintage baseball collectible. Congratulations.

Mac927
01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you all for the information. The bat has been sold. I really appreciate everyones fast response.