PDA

View Full Version : Finally waiving the white flag on the Falcons

CMIZ5290
01-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Having been a fan of the Atlanta Falcons for over 40 years, yesterday's game has made me see the light. Maybe they are just a bunch of chokers and under achievers. To loose a game like that on your own turf with a huge lead could be the final nail in the coffin. Why do I put myself thru this torture year after year?

vintagetoppsguy
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Why do I put myself thru this torture year after year?

I ask myself the same question about my Texans year after year :D

Jlighter
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Same with the Jets.:(

Runscott
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I guess I get your frustration - their near-collapse to Seattle last week would have been historic. Their collapse Sunday WAS historic. The small bit of light is that they finally won a playoff game under Smith, and Gonzalez said yesterday: "PROBABLY my last season." You really need that guy to not retire quite yet.

HRBAKER
01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Kevin,
Having lived in Atlanta for 18 years I know a lot of people who share your frustration. Sadly at no time when they roared out to 17 point lead out of the gate did I think they were going to win. I think that SF is a better team but not enough better that spotting you 17 points at home shouldn't have made a difference. The two turnovers when things got tight were killer.

CMIZ5290
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
What is really painful about this game, Gonzalez was wide open in the end zone on the 4th down play from the 10 yardline. I have no clue how Ryan missed him....