PDA

View Full Version : gum card "R" reading

conor912
01-19-2013, 01:50 PM
anyone have any recs? i've noticed most books/magazines either skew towards pre-1930 or the bowman/topps era of the 50's.

Leon
01-19-2013, 04:49 PM
anyone have any recs? i've noticed most books/magazines either skew towards pre-1930 or the bowman/topps era of the 50's.

Too much to recommend and most of it is old hobby publications that did articles on R (Recent Candy and Gum) cards but here are a few. I would get a copy of the American Card Catalog (ACC) and the 2011 SCD Big price guide. It's the last big one with everything in it. The 2012 vintage SCD guide would work too but the older one might be more comprehensive, though the 2012 should have all of the vintage of the older one. I think some of the scarcer sets get taken out and put back in, sometimes. The Trader Speaks magazine series, I am sure, has lots of articles on R cards as well as the old VCBC magazines. Most likely the Old Judge series had several articles on them too. The Old Cardboard site lists them all and finally doing searches on our forum will pan out quite a bit. Hope this helps and should get you started....

conor912
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the direction, Leon.