PDA

View Full Version : My Football "monster" is complete

ecRich
01-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Just picked up a National Chicle Nagurski to finish the set. Yes it is a small "monster" at 36 cards, but what a journey it was. I like to take my time and enjoy the ride, which was certainly the case with this set. Picked up many at card shows; some from auction houses and ebay, and a few trades. What do I go after next? Hey, maybe there are back varieties to chase. Yes there is, so maybe I'm not done yet. Thank goodness only the low numbers have different backs. Just feeling good about the journey.
Rich

sdkammeyer
01-17-2013, 09:31 PM
congrats !!

always a good feeling to finish the journey!

jefferyepayne
01-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Nice Rich! I know you've been working on this for a while. Congrats for pulling down the Nagurski.

jeff

baseballfan
01-18-2013, 06:55 AM
congrats! always nice to finish a project

tuckr1
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Nice looking sgc 10 nagurski looks better than that to me

I started collecting the set last year have 11 so far, including PSA 2 Tosi and Koskas I picked up for cheap!!! I am looking fora nagurski PSA 1 or SCG 1, so if you see any around let me know, also looking for low grade for my set so if you upgrade or have any duplicates, let me know

Thanks Tucker

cmoore330
01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Great job and a great looking Nagurski!

brownscollector78
01-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Nice card! It just seems there was so much more creativity and artistry back then, whether it be on cards or pennants or advertising.

I LOVE vintage football and have a real respect for the greats of the past.

My next collecting venture after I get most of the vintage Browns pennants will be all of the Browns Hall of Famers rookie cards. The 1950 Bowmans will obviously be the most expensive for me, as well as the Jim Brown rookie card.

There's always something to collect! :)

Rickyy
02-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Congrats! That's a really nice SGC 10!

Ricky Y

Il Padrino
02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Congrats to you on getting the set completed. I am getting started on this one myself, I only have the Rockne, so a long way to go.

--------------------------------

Nice card! It just seems there was so much more creativity and artistry back then, whether it be on cards or pennants or advertising.

I LOVE vintage football and have a real respect for the greats of the past.

My next collecting venture after I get most of the vintage Browns pennants will be all of the Browns Hall of Famers rookie cards. The 1950 Bowmans will obviously be the most expensive for me, as well as the Jim Brown rookie card.

There's always something to collect! :)

Browns Collector, I have a lot of the 50's Bowman stuff, let me do some digging in the next few weeks and see what I have here with me. If not, I am going to my storage unit within the next few months and can dig out some items from there as well.