PDA

View Full Version : Introduction / Refresher

mikemcgrail
01-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Greetings All

For some of you this will be an introduction and for others a refresher.

I am Mike McGrail, 47 year old, husband of 1, father of 5, born and raised in Pittsburgh but a resident of The Netherlands since 1986.

I am getting back into collecting after a few years off due to turbulent but good family life.

My interaction with the Net54 community goes back about 10 years. Most of what I know about vintage cards was learned here and I have been involved with many great BST deals with board members. A lot of the cards I still have were once in the collections of board members and some that were once in my collection are now being enjoyed by others.

I tend to lurk more than I post but will certainly chime in if I feel that I can contribute.

Glad to be back into the old cardboard!

My ebay id is mikemcgrail and my collecting interests are pre WWII type cards of HOFers.

Regards, Mike

PS – Are Ben, Julie and Hal still active here??

barrysloate
01-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi Mike- Julie and Hal no longer collect, I think Ben still does.

g_vezina_c55
01-17-2013, 05:26 AM
Welcome !!

Leon
01-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Welcome back Mike. I know we had done some trades and deals some time ago. Always good to see old friends come back. Happy collecting!!

EvilKing00
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Greetings All

For some of you this will be an introduction and for others a refresher.

I am Mike McGrail, 47 year old, husband of 1, father of 5, born and raised in Pittsburgh but a resident of The Netherlands since 1986.

I am getting back into collecting after a few years off due to turbulent but good family life.

My interaction with the Net54 community goes back about 10 years. Most of what I know about vintage cards was learned here and I have been involved with many great BST deals with board members. A lot of the cards I still have were once in the collections of board members and some that were once in my collection are now being enjoyed by others.

I tend to lurk more than I post but will certainly chime in if I feel that I can contribute.

Glad to be back into the old cardboard!

My ebay id is mikemcgrail and my collecting interests are pre WWII type cards of HOFers.

Regards, Mike

PS – Are Ben, Julie and Hal still active here??

Husband of 1, thats great, lol

bigtrain
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Welcome back. I also like the "husband of 1" line. I often introduce my spouse as my "first" wife. That is usually followed by my receiving a sharp elbow to the ribs. LOL.