PDA

View Full Version : I want to see YOUR autograph

packs
01-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey guys. I'm tired of other people's autographs. What about ours? I'd like to see some examples of the forum's signatures.

Here's mine. I don't like to sign my last name since its long. So I only sign Frank. This is a pristine example with all the tell tale signs of an authentic Frank.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/madjams/Frankauto.jpg

Deertick
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
This is why I don't dog others' signatures.

yanks12025
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I have two forms, a semi nice one and a quick one. I mainly do the quick one and sometimes I just do a BL..

isaac2004
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Here is mine, funny that the way I sign my last name is almost exactly how my dad does. And I didn't even forge his much :)

dgo71
01-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I have two forms, a semi nice one and a quick one. I mainly do the quick one and sometimes I just do a BL..

I would have guessed that the top one was a slowly drawn forgery.

Mr. Zipper
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
i would have guessed that the top one was a slowly drawn forgery.

lol

packs
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Haha maybe Richard Simon can weigh in.

yanks12025
01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I would have guessed that the top one was a slowly drawn forgery.

Well i did take my time and it still came out crappy. Lol

cottnat
01-16-2013, 08:50 PM
My signature has come a long way since 3rd grade when it included a basketball

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/cottnat/Other/IMAG0113.jpg

packs
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
That's style.

thecatspajamas
01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Here is mine, funny that the way I sign my last name is almost exactly how my dad does. And I didn't even forge his much :)

Isaac, this may sound crazy, but is your post upside down...?

cottnat
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
That's style.

Thanks,

Growing up with Harmon Killebrew as one of our local legends, we constantly heard stories about him scolding players for having crappy autographs. Look at Torii Hunter or Michael Cuddyer early vs. late signatures and you will see that some of them really took his word to heart. Obviously Harmon had room to talk with probably the best looking autograph around (in my opinion).

Now I know its different because no one wants or seeks my autograph, but my signature ends up on a lot of stuff for work, so I thought I would take Harmon's advice and class it up.

Michael B
01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Here it is. It has been the same for at least 30 years. In public school it was pretty straight cursive. For all the forgers - I never dot the 'i' and I will only sign my name in blue. I give fits to the security at some of the federal buildings I go into as they try to make you sign in black and I refuse. I tell them I deal with legal documents and you can always tell a real signature if it is in blue.

Scott Garner
01-17-2013, 04:12 AM

It's gotta be! :)

mr2686
01-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Thank you for your autograph request. Enclosed is a price list that can be used to resubmit your request.

isaac2004
01-17-2013, 06:57 AM

No thats how I sign it, pretty cool huh :)

nah its upside down... damn

scooter729
01-17-2013, 09:50 AM
I always thought I have a pretty cool signature - too bad no one else would ever care about it!

packs
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
We should have filled out the Winger forms with our signatures.

scmavl
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Scott, I like how you cross your "tt" with the second S. Nice!

scooter729
01-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Scott, I like how you cross your "tt" with the second S. Nice!

Ha - thanks Jarrod! I wasted a lot of time years ago getting that to work that way!

thecatspajamas
01-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Ha - thanks Jarrod! I wasted a lot of time years ago getting that to work that way!

But think of how much time you've saved ever since, not having to go back and make that extra stroke to cross the t's! I'm sure it's more than evened out :p

Gary Dunaier
01-20-2013, 01:26 AM
I will only sign my name in blue. I give fits to the security at some of the federal buildings I go into as they try to make you sign in black and I refuse. I tell them I deal with legal documents and you can always tell a real signature if it is in blue.

I don't deal with legal documents but I use a blue pen both in my autograph seeking and in my real life for the same reason.

ErikV
01-21-2013, 04:00 AM
I couldn't help but share on this thread. Unlike Gary, I ALWAYS
sign with a pen, in black.

I've always been intrigued with signatures. Wheneven I get the
chance to view others' signatures, I make it a point to study it
and analyze it. I once had my signature critiqued by a graphologist.
Somewhere around here I have his analysis results, which are pretty
much spot on in terms of my personality traits.

ErikV

r2678
01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
I have a couple of signatures. This is the one I planned to pander after achieving baseball greatness. Unfortunately, a 47 mph fastball doesn't take you very far. :(

:)

http://jacockscollectibles.com/ebay/auto.jpg

thenavarro
01-25-2013, 07:29 PM
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/2009ToppsMikeNavarro.jpg

71buc
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
At last! After 42 years of practice this 5ft 5in 210 lb balding center fielder is being asked for an autograph! I will be absolutely thrilled if this under valued autograph shows up on ebay!

BaseballWeirdo
01-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Nice, just don't loose sight of any blank checks...

sdkammeyer
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
The ball is $25 ..... the cut is not for sale :)

sdkammeyer
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
At last! After 42 years of practice this 5ft 5in 210 lb balding center fielder is being asked for an autograph! I will be absolutely thrilled if this under valued autograph shows up on ebay!

that gets 10 points for style.

71buc
01-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Nice, just don't loose sight of any blank checks...

That would just mean a total stranger could bounce checks as well as I do!;)

mcgwirecom
01-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Mike, how does Beckett authenticate your signature? Do they have exemplars? LOL

thenavarro
01-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Mike, how does Beckett authenticate your signature? Do they have exemplars? LOL

I figured Travis would have chimed in by now that it doesnt match known exemplars LOL. Actually, I signed it in front of Spence and he compared it against my drivers license

Mike

travrosty
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I figured Travis would have chimed in by now that it doesnt match known exemplars LOL. Actually, I signed it in front of Spence and he compared it against my drivers license

Mike

glad we have those tight controls in place for collector's signatures. now if spence would just use exemplars for boxing signatures, we might be all set.

btw, this card didnt pop up in the jsa database, so whats up with that?

djson1
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
:D You guys are funny.

thenavarro
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
btw, this card didnt pop up in the jsa database, so whats up with that?

According to their website:

"* Any encapsulated item's certification number is not registered within our online database."

From what I've seen, the exceptions to this are items that have a JSA LOA before they are encapsulated.

Mike

travrosty
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
its nice to see spence so concerned about getting m.n. signature right, but a 12000 thomas sayers signature didnt require an exemplar to get a cert?

thats why the hobby is all screwed up.

thenavarro
01-26-2013, 04:37 PM
thats why the hobby is all screwed up.

The hobby doesnt meet everyone's need. Nothing does for that matter. But as long as one realizes it's an imperfect hobby, it can be a lot of fun. Do your own research (like you do), dont expect perfection for $20, dont spend more then you can afford to lose, and hang on and enjoy the ride ;)

Mike

travrosty
01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
the excuse that slabbed items dont show up in their database doesnt fly with me. i know this is the way psa and jsa do it, but its another example of shoddy customer service, and this is a problem that should be fixed. ALL autographs they authenticate, whether slabbed or not, should show up in their database.

It opens up the possibility for someone to defeat the slabbed holder system and replace autographs, with no online photo to help the customer detect the ruse.

if i ran an autograph authentication company, just another one of several policies and procedures that would be dumped in favor of transparency, accountability, and superior customer service.

thenavarro
01-26-2013, 05:43 PM
the excuse that slabbed items dont show up in their database doesnt fly with me. i know this is the way psa and jsa do it, but its another example of shoddy customer service, and this is a problem that should be fixed. ALL autographs they authenticate, whether slabbed or not, should show up in their database.

It opens up the possibility for someone to defeat the slabbed holder system and replace autographs, with no online photo to help the customer detect the ruse.

if i ran an autograph authentication company, just another one of several policies and procedures that would be dumped in favor of transparency, accountability, and superior customer service.

Hey, we actually agree about something ;)

I do think though that if any company provided true detailed authentication techniques and research, along with online databases AND customer service to boot, then their fees would be too prohibitive that it wouldnt be a successful busimess model. With the prices the companies charge these days, there has to ne corners cut and that is what contributes to "problems"