PDA

View Full Version : Is this AB backed card trimmed in your opinion?

danmckee
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Someone stated it is trimmed do to a dog earred left top corner. I don't see it so I thought I would ask my friends here if you see it.

Buyer is keeping the card and is happy with it. I did offer a full refund plus his shipping back to me regardless of what Calvindog says!! :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281045697463

Leon
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I added a poll for you Dan. I voted I can't tell from the scan. If anything I am bit more concerned with the way the bottom edge looks on the back. If I had to vote trimmed or not, I would side a bit more to not trimmed.

danmckee
01-15-2013, 06:15 PM
cool thanks Leon for creating the poll for me. I didn't even think of that! Dan

ullmandds
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
I am no expert on t205's... And without a back scan...im not sure...maybe?!

danmckee
01-15-2013, 06:31 PM
I am no expert on t205's... And without a back scan...im not sure...maybe?!

There is a huge front and back scan in the description area.

dog*dirt
01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I vote for no trim. I was the under bidder btw.

Andrew

barrysloate
01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I said trimmed because those two narrow edges don't look entirely straight, but I am not absolutely sure. It's a tough one.

ullmandds
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks dan...are t205 ab's thin like t206? It looks funky to me!

T205 GB
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Dan you are good to go. That AB is a beauty and there is no trimming there. Look at the edges and you can see the rolls from the factory cut. All t205's exhibit this same edge. The ones that don't are the ones that worry me. There will be one edge(typically the right) that has a sloped roll and looks as though the knife pulled its way through downwards and then one of the upper or lower edges has the same. The other two edges are straight cuts. All AB's I have and have seen are thin like this for 205's.

I hope tho helps and I am sorry I forgot you were auctioning these. I would have slapped a few $ in to get some nice cards for my small collection:(

Ronnie73
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I would say not trimmed. Borders look exactly the same as my American Beauty Black backs that are graded. Now I haven't compared a large amount of American Beauty backs yet but it seems there are more Black backs that are narrow and more Green backs that are standard size. Maybe Andrew W. can give his opinion on that topic.

danmckee
01-16-2013, 06:10 AM
Well, I don't see the dog eared corner personally and I don't think it is trimmed. If I still had it I would submit to each company once to see what would come back.

It came from the Baltimore collection I posted about that came direct from the family and had the gorgeous T205 Cobb's and Mattys in it.

Those are not trimmed for sure so why trim an AB on it's already thin border side too boot?

Cool poll though and thanks for your participation.

Dan

T205 GB
01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I would say not trimmed. Borders look exactly the same as my American Beauty Black backs that are graded. Now I haven't compared a large amount of American Beauty backs yet but it seems there are more Black backs that are narrow and more Green backs that are standard size. Maybe Andrew W. can give his opinion on that topic.

Ron I can't say I have ever had a 205 AB that was of standard size. The blacks do seem to run shorter than the greens but its not that much to notice unless you had a stack of them together.

EvilKing00
01-16-2013, 05:07 PM
no expert - but i would say trimmed - that one side thats short also dosnt look straight

Wite3
01-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I am leaning towards not trimmed although I think it might be a bit short top to bottom...AB blacks quality control was iffy at best...I have a few that are "thin" as well.

Dan has a great return policy so the buyer should not really worry if he is unhappy.

Joshua

Ronnie73
01-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Here is a scan of a T205 Tony Smith American Beauty Green that is standard size. I own this one but have a couple scans of other Green backs of the same size. As I said before, the card in question in this post looks fine to me.

http://www.ronaldkornacki.com/t205-tony-smith-ab-green-front.jpghttp://www.ronaldkornacki.com/t205-tony-smith-ab-green-back.jpg