PDA

View Full Version : Would like opinions on pitching rubber

D. Broughman
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Are the autographs good and what kind of value would this have? Thanks D.

Scott Garner
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Dynaryl,
While some of these autographs appear to be geuine, the Nolan Ryan is unquestionably fake.

If you haven't purchased this I would stay away, FWIW. ;)

scmavl
01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
It's a shame that a modern, easy auto to get is a fake. That's a great collection of sigs on there and, as Scott said, many of them pass the smell test.

That being said, many items like that don't hold near the value of the individual signatures themselves, especially since the majority are still living or signed quite a bit in their lifetime (Spahn, Feller). I could see it going for $500-700 or so (if Ryan was legit), maybe more if there is spirited bidding.

roarfrom34
01-14-2013, 06:03 PM
It's a shame that a modern, easy auto to get is a fake. That's a great collection of sigs on there and, as Scott said, many of them pass the smell test.

That being said, many items like that don't hold near the value of the individual signatures themselves, especially since the majority are still living or signed quite a bit in their lifetime (Spahn, Feller). I could see it going for $500-700 or so (if Ryan was legit), maybe more if there is spirited bidding.

the Gooden is questionable too

Mr. Zipper
01-14-2013, 06:18 PM
First... it's really difficult to discern without a much larger image. At this size, all anyone can really analyze is the "shape." They could all be slowly drawn and it'd be hard to tell from this size image.

That said, I agree the Ryan and Gooden look odd. The Carlton looks a little off to me as well.

But, some of them look ok from what we can see here.

It would seem almost beyond belief to me that someone would ruin a legit Drysdale (and other) signatures by faking common, easy to obtain signers. But I guess stranger things have happened.

:confused:

scmavl
01-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Looking at it again, the "y" in Whitey isn't his usual either...

Plinvestments
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
The whole thing looks bad. I dont like the lemon or niekro.