PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Having My Threads Locked at psacard.com

mcadams
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Jeez...the police over there are getting out of control. The 1 topic that has been bugging me for the past few months is the correlation between the large Ebay sellers / large PSA/BGS submitters and the occurance of over-graded cards. I, like others, have purchased PSA 10's on Ebay and received cards with noticeable corner issues. I'm trying to find out if my suspicion is just my own paranoia or if others suspect this too.

This was my last attempt at PSA to discuss this issue. The thread got locked in about 20 minutes today

"This thread may get blown up, but thats OK. Perhaps I'm too much of a skeptic, but I think its time to start talking about the REAL issue in collecting modern graded cards today, which has nothing to do with shilling on Ebay. Why is it that some large Ebay sellers are able to consistently get PSA 10 grades on cards that are often PSA 8 quality? I'll name names....its relevant to the conversation. I've received cards from 4SC in the past with noticeable corner issues. Cards that I wouldn't have even bothered to submit. That shouldn't happen in a PSA 10 holder and its happened more than once with 4SC. Are these just the 1 in 1,000 example of the grader missing something or is something else going on? Have others had issues with cards of questionable quality from this seller or other large submitters?"

DavidG1966
01-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Join the party... It stated with out you!!!!

I actually tried to quote you in the thread... BUT.. they poofed it before I could copy and paste it.

Threads are vanishing like CRAZY!!!!!!

They actually let you talk and openly discuss things here. It's amazing not living in fear of being banned.

Edit: to remove link... don't want to hijack the thread

Mrvintage
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I too was involved in the thread that just got locked over there....lol. It's pretty ridiculous to think that someone could get 97% 10's on 60's and 70's low pop psa 10 cards when I know that you or I could not open up brand new present day cards and not have near that success rate with 10's. If there wasn't something very wrong going on then they wouldn't have a problem with an open discussion about it. I have never even heard of anything remotely close to that success rate on 10's of any year or any brand, so a sub like that filled with 40-50 year old cards where the quality control wasn't near what it is with modern cards is pretty suspicious to put it very nicely.

DavidG1966
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I too was involved in the thread that just got locked over there....lol. It's pretty ridiculous to think that someone could get 97% 10's on 60's and 70's low pop psa 10 cards when I know that you or I could not open up brand new present day cards and not have near that success rate with 10's. If there wasn't something very wrong going on then they wouldn't have a problem with an open discussion about it. I have never even heard of anything remotely close to that success rate on 10's of any year or any brand, so a sub like that filled with 40-50 year old cards where the quality control wasn't near what it is with modern cards is pretty suspicious to put it very nicely.

I got banned for the original thread that started the mess over there today. I saw you keep asking for the list of certs. I had no way to get them to you.

Edit: to remove link. don't want to hijack the thread

Mrvintage
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah David I had several people over there that sent me the list via PM and then I also saw the list over here as well. That list is absolutely incredible if you really look at it and do the math on the market value of those cards now. We are talking some very serious cash when those cards are sold.....easily in the 75-100K range.

mcadams
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161482

Join the party... It stated with out you!!!!

I actually tried to quote you in the thread... BUT.. they poofed it before I could copy and paste it.

Threads are vanishing like CRAZY!!!!!!

They actually let you talk and openly discuss things here. It's amazing not living in fear of being banned.

Hi David- My comments were less about the PSA10 submission, although those stats are pretty unbelievable. My comments over at PSA were about the increasing frequency of people receiving modern PSA 10s or BGS 9.5/10 that have noticable problems. I've witnessed it firsthand with some of my purchases and am just trying to learn if others have noticed as well. Not to call out 4SC, but they are the company that my questionable 10's have come from.

DavidG1966
01-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi David- My comments were less about the PSA10 submission, although those stats are pretty unbelievable. My comments over at PSA were about the increasing frequency of people receiving modern PSA 10s or BGS 9.5/10 that have noticable problems. I've witnessed it firsthand with some of my purchases and am just trying to learn if others have noticed as well. Not to call out 4SC, but they are the company that my questionable 10's have come from.

Well at least you can talk about it here. Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing.

mcadams
01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Well at least you can talk about it here. Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing.

Indeed it is. In addition to the 4SC thread that was locked, I also started a thread at psa about how overzealous the moderators had gotten and how it was bad for the site. It was titled "Hey Joe, deleting threads doesn't give you Street Cred." It was deleted.

RCMcKenzie
01-13-2013, 11:21 PM
You guys should start collecting e103's, then you can throw condition out the window. They have a good Topps section on here. I post there too sometimes with my 1976 Topps Hockey cards.

cheers

EvilKing00
01-14-2013, 08:10 AM
i have seen so many grades recently that just dont measure up. I have posted many in this forum (talking about T205 cards) comparing PSA2' to 3's and the 2's were way better.

I just saw a PSA 2 that should of been a 1 no doubt.
I have also bought 2's that could easly be 3's if not 4's

There should be some sort of standard for the grade number. and its not just PSA its SGC as well.

Buy the card and not the grade, thats what I say.

mcadams
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
The inconsistency isn't the real issue. Its the fact that a growing number of modern collectors are starting to talk behind closed doors about how suspicious they are of the large Ebay sellers. When people pay for a PSA 10 for their collection and they get back a card with 1 slightly damaged corner or noticeable chipping, there are only a few explanations. Add to that the fact that most of the complaints are geared toward a small number of Ebay sellers, and thats when people start asking the tough questions.

Several people tried to ask the tough questions on psacard over the past few weeks, but PSA still hasn't addressed the issue. They could start by offering an explanation of why damaged cards are showing up in PSA 10 holders. I mean, that's not supposed to happen, right? But, instead PSA has their moderator police force delete or lock the threads before any real debate can be had.

Joe- The debate will take place with or without you. So far, all you've said is that it won't be discussed on YOUR forum.